Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

Easter is a good time for catching up on some sewing, I have 4 days off and I plan to make the most of them. Yesterday I made this camera bag, the pattern can be found here on the moda bakeshop. I used a charm pack of Oasis, its such pretty fabric and a little bit of meterage for the lining and handle. My camera isn't that big so I thought I could use the bag for my quilting goodies or even a lunch bag.



Easter bunny likes the bag, he thought it could hold lots of easter eggs.





Today I'm going to work on my new table runner which is designed by Leanne Beasley, if you haven't guessed already you will know how much I love her projects.

I have put 6 rows together already, there is a little bit of stitchery on a few blocks so I will trace them then I can stitch on it at night while we watch tv.







Another thing I do every easter is plant my bulbs around the garden, I planted 4 packets early this morning so tomorrow I'll plant these ones. I love to watch these grow then enjoy the flowers in Spring time.

I hope you all have a wondeful easter and you find some sewing time.









7 comments:

Pauline said...

hey mate, I having 4 days off too...awesome..havent done that in a while..yesterday finished one ufo..now to the other five in the craft room...wish me luck, working with the frame this arvo..you know how I hate that!!!! happy easter!!

Just Sew Sue said...

I didn't really take much notice of that project when it was on Modabakeshop, but I'm now interested after seeing your version. Well done.

a good yarn said...

Such pretty projects! I really like the fabrics you are using. Too wet for gardening in Sydney this weekend so make the most of any good weather. Ann :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you have your four days planned Leanne....gorgeous bag...may have to check that one out..the table runner also looks lovely...

De said...

Great bag! Enjoy the rest of your time off!

Susan said...

Love the bag Leanne.
Happy Easter hope you have a great four days off hugs susan :)

Susie said...

Happy Easter - what fabrics are you using for Leanne Beasley's charm square table runner? Is that your's in the photo? It looks gorgeous.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...