Thursday, June 16, 2011

We have been to play in the snow

We have lived in Tasmania for 6 years now and each winter we promise to take the boys to the snow but life gets in the way and we don't get there, or we do go but only to find no snow. My boys have never seen real snow close up or even touched it so you can imagine their excitement as we saw lots of snow on the side of the road as we were driving up the mountain, I thought Jacob was going to jump out of the car.


The boys had such fun but didn't really realise how cold the snow would be.



Our youngest son made his very first snowman, isn't he cute!!!!





Its the last day of my holidays today, I have had such a nice break, I got lots of sewing done, went for a long walk each day and did lots of baking.
I love being home and spending time with my family, school holidays are awesome.


Until next time... happy sewing






9 comments:

Kathy said...

So pleased you've enjoyed holidays with your boys. Holidays are special times to reconnect and recharge with family and home. With my daughter away, my son and I have been doing lots together, it's been lovely :-)
Kathy G

Jo in TAS said...

Lovely to see you yesterday Leanne! Isn't the first time you experience snow with your kids so much fun, makes you feel like a kid yourself! Make the most of your last precious day!

Ruth said...

That is exciting! It's good to play in snow. We used to have it in the winter when I grew up near Chicago, IL. We were always especially excited when we had snow on Christmas. DH & I ran into snow in Arizona on our trip to Oregon and more in the mountains. It is beautiful!

Susan said...

It looks like you all had a great time playing in the snow and how cute is that snowman. We lie down in the snow and move our arms up and down to make snow angels. A lovely post Leanne thanks for sharing it with us. :)

quiltjude said...

There is nothing better. Glad your boys enjoyed it. :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you are having a great time with your family. Sure looks chilly though. Lovely photos!

Marina said...

How fun, where did you go? Snow is really magical :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos....

Mari said...

What a lovely winter you have there.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...