Saturday, July 9, 2011

Gifts for me....from me

I often buy my boys little treats for no reason at all so this time I thought I would buy myself a few things just because...I had seen Anni Downs new book Some kind of wonderful around blog land and I wanted a copy for myself. Lillian ordered a few copies for the shop and of course one for me,its a beautiful book and I can't wait to start some of the projects, I also got Life of a bag which is a great book.

Last night while son number 2 was at basketball I had a quick wander around the shopping centre and I came across these bargains, buy one get one free. I thought they were beautiful so of course I bought them for myself.



I also got these for the same deal, its shower gel and body lotion, they smell divine. I just liked the holder they were in.





Then of course I walked into the newsagent and found this American magazine, it was the front cover that got me, such a fresh picture to brighten our cold winter days.







The quilts on these beds are so pretty, the whole magazine has lovely photos.



Today I got the binding ready to sew on 2 quilts, I hope to get these sewn on tomorrow, I also finished my secret stitching gift and made another big block for the Swoon quilt.

I'll be back tomorrow to share my progress. I hope you found some sewing time today.









6 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

I am loving all your little treats! Annis books are full of some beautiful projects...I have made quite a few projects from In the Life of a Bag...as I am sure you will too!
Lisa

Roseanne said...

It is so nice to treat your self some time. I love all you thing you brought your self. I have just got my self the book Some kind of wonderful by Annie Downs.

De said...

Leanne -great presents for yourself! Its always a good idea to spoil someone so why shouldnt it be you!

Vicki said...

What a busy day you had. Enjoy your little treats and happy sewing :)

a good yarn said...

You deserve those treats Leanne. What a terrific pick-me-up! Ann :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Who better to treat than yourself. All lovely! Anni Downs is so clever. Love her work.

Mini quilts

 Hi there, so sorry for my long absence. July flew by within a blink of an eye and then it was August. I have been busy doing lots of sewi...