Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend sewing

What a weekend, I have had such a good sewing time. I got lots done including this christmas table topper which I just love, All it needed was the binding sewn down, so last night I did that little job.

Yesterday I made all the shoo fly blocks for the top row of my Vignette quilt, this took practically all day. I made 22 of them. They do look so pretty don't you think.



Today I sewed the 2 sides together and did the tracing for one side. I haven't actually done much stitching but I will get stuck into that when I go on my quilt camp in 2 weeks. ( can't wait )





I'm using flower sugar fabrics which are my absolute favourite right now, do you go through stages of just loving a range of fabric? I have noticed my fabric tastes have changed alot since I first started quilting 5 years ago.







So bright and cheery.


I also did alot of christmas sewing which I can't share yet, I'm slowly getting them done. Its a good feeling to cross some off the list.

How was your weekend? I hope you found some sewing time.








8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Leanne you have had a fantastic weekend...love all your show and tell...

Charlie and Wendy said...

Leanne I love your Christmas topper, it is perfect! And of course I love your Vignette sewing, you have got such a lot done, beautiful.

Lynda said...

Is the table topper a Schnibble pattern? It looks wonderful and so do your Vignette blocks - the colours/fabrics are beautiful. You're right about fabric tastes changing but the available choices these days compared to when I started quilting are fabulous.

a good yarn said...

The sewing fairy is sitting on your shoulder Leanne. You are making some wonderful projects lately. It's a good thing you are so busy as I'm going backwards!

Kathy said...

A great Christmas topper, Leanne. So lovely to see some 'not quite traditional' colours being used :)

Quilt Kitty said...

Flower Sugar makes beautiful shoo fly blocks. I see in the latest Homespun they are giving away pack of 38 fat quarters of Sugar Flower. I will have to remember to be in to win that! Beautiful. Tracee xx

Pauline said...

wow leanne, how do you do it..have to get some tips in a couple weeks..I cant wait either.....just to catch up , sew and relax...
love watching your projects..

Susie said...

You have achieved so much!! I do love flower sugar also and it is perfect for the Vignette quilt. Can't wait to see more of the progress. Happy Stitching, Susie

Mini quilts

 Hi there, so sorry for my long absence. July flew by within a blink of an eye and then it was August. I have been busy doing lots of sewi...