Sunday, March 18, 2012

My scrap jar quilt

Remember in January when I started my Scrap Jar quilt which was a free tutorial by the very talented Amber over at a Little Bit Biased. I enjoyed making this quilt so much.



Now its all quilted and I love it even more. I love looking at all the scraps I used and my favourite pieces of fabric that I had been hoarding for ages thinking I'll use them one day. Then thought it would be a good idea to put them into this quilt.


It fits on my bed so nicely, plenty of over hang on the sides of my bed. The quilt is 90 inches square so it turned out quite big.














A close up of the quilting I did using an all over design called Daisy chain.

Now today I hope to get the binding sewn on.

I have been doing lots of sewing recently but I can't share photos just yet as they are for swaps I have joined.







I did receive this gorgeous little house from Kathy over at Sew Happy House. during the week, I won it in her giveaway. Its the first giveaway I have ever won.

Right, I now need to tackle some house work then I can sew, sew and sew for the rest of the day. I hope you find some sewing time today.

24 comments:

Christine said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, Leanne .. I can see why you are so pleased with it. Look forward to seeing your new projects when you are able to show them. Enjoy your sewing day.

Unknown said...

A Wonderful Use of Scraps your Quilt looks Beautiful as is the Quilting just Gorgeous...
cheers

Jeanette said...

Wow Leanne. Your quilt is gorgeous. A great use of your scraps. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

oh Leanne your quilt is awesome,well done it looks great on your bed.xx

Cath said...

Leanne....love your quilt to bits!!
Cath
Bits 'n Bobs

Perri said...

A lovley quilt ... amazing what can be made of leftovers :-), great size also... happy binding ... the best part of making a quilt :-)
Happy stitching, P

Wonky Girl said...

Wow, you had some pretty scraps and they turned into a lovely quilt.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I love love love your scrappy jar quilt.

Leanne said...

Oh Leanne, I love love love your quilt. I knew it would be even more fantastic once you quilted it.

Jo in TAS said...

I love your quilt Leanne!

Simone Harding said...

Leeanne your quilt is just gorgeous. What a great idea to use up your scraps.

Grit said...

The scrap quilt is sooo beautiful.
Grit

Quilt Kitty said...

Oh, that is beautiful, every colour looks great with white. It looks even better on the bed too - made for it! Congratulations, another masterpiece. Tracee xx

Patty Marker said...

It turned out beautiful. I know my next quilting project now. I have been busy sewing, too and am loving it. Have a great day, Patty

Kathy said...

Hard to believe it's a scrappy quilt Leanne - it's gorgeous! So bright and cheerful :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

LuAnn said...

What a great quilt. I'm going to go over and print off the directions for that quilt. I really love the baskets that you made in one of your earlier posts. Your yard is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic. What a great way to use up scraps :)

Amy said...

I hope I find some sewing time today too! :)
Granted you said that several days ago now so... I hope you got your sewing time after housework!
Your quilt looks beautiful!

Lynda said...

Absolutely beautiful Leanne.

Wendy said...

Your star quilt is gorgeous Leanne and looks perfect on your bed. I received one of the little houses too, aren't they cute!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness - your quilt is stunning - so beautiful.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Love your quilt. I have so many scraps and always looking for something to do with them.

Staci said...

This is just stunning. I love the way you added the border to it. I'm getting ready to start my own Scrap Jar quilt, soon, and yours is an inspiration.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...