Sunday, July 29, 2012

My new quilt and more sewing room progress.

 Kansas Troubles fabrics  have always been my favourite, ever since I started quilting. I have quite a big collection so I thought a new quilt was in order to use  some of my stash. Here is the end result. A beautiful scrappy quilt using all my favourite prints.
 I even made some pillow cases to match. The set looks lovely on my bed.

 Its a queen size quilt and the pattern is from Another bite of Schibbles by the very talented Carrie Nelson.
 This week has been very productive in my new sewing room build. We got some river pebbles delivered and put them on one side of the new room, this area has been so muddy the past few weeks. It will be lovely sitting here in summer.
 The dirt area at the front will be paved later on and made into a nice veranda.

 The inside is really coming on, the builder cut a door into the main house so now we can access the room from both inside and out. The plaster is on and now he just needs to finish sanding.
 Its very well insulated so I should be nice and warm.
Not long now until I can move in, I'm hoping about 3 weeks, then the fun part for me starts.  I hope you're not getting bored with all my sewing room pics.

Today its so cold and frosty I plan to stay inside by the fire and sew.
I hope you have a good day and you find some sewing time.

20 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic sewing...your rom is looking so good Leanne...

De said...

Love that quilt and pillowcases.

Plaster sanding is so messy but at least it has a fantastic end result!

Cheryll said...

Oh no... never bored. It's wonderful and I'm so excited for you Leanne.
BUT I absolutely LOVE your quilt. The colours would be my perfect choice too. I LoVe it!
What pattern did you use? Gorgeous! :)

Cheryll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I love your new quilt and NO never bored about your new roon, full of excitement here for you. hugs

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Quilt and pillow look great. Good to see your room is nearly ready.You must be so excited.

Lib said...

Your quilt set is lovely, Leanne. Progress on the room is fantastic and the outside seating is great, you will be able to sit in the sun and sew!

a good yarn said...

Your KST quilt is simply gorgeous. Makes me want to take mine out of the cupboard. I love seeing the progress on your new sewing room. ann :-)

Anonymous said...

wow Leanne love the quilt and pillows ,its fantastic,well done on a great finish,yipee nearly ready to move in.xx

Susan said...

Hi Leanne ooo its coming along nicely xx

Helen said...

Love your quilt and pillows, I can see why that is your favourite fabric. You won't know yourself in your new sewing room.

Helen

Stephany said...

The quilt is very nice Leanne and so are the pillow cases. I can't wait to see your sewing room all finished! We go to a nice garden this afternoon with a little garden-shop. Enjoying summer!
Bye, Steph

Chookyblue...... said...

it's getting closer.........looking great.......

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks fantastic and I'm loving how the room is coming along :))

Deborah said...

Your quilt is stunning! And you made matching pillow covers. Lovely I'm very excited about your sewing room and love to see pictures!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous quilt and wow, wow, wow....room is looking good!!

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Your sewing room is looking great Lee..you will have hours of fun in there when it's finished...Can't wait to see it when it's finished..:-)

barb's creations said...

Not bored at all,can't wait for the decorating to begin :) Barb.

LuAnn said...

Beautiful quilt and pillows. Love all of your benches. Your new sewing room is going to be great.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...