Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend sewing and halloween

 I have had a lovely time in my sewing room, making pouches and working on my christmas gifts. Yesterday I made the pouch pictured above, it was a fiddly but a  fun little project to work on. Its a pattern by Thimbleblossoms.
 I decided to try and make the same pouch but this time bigger and so far its working out great. I adore the fabric range Scrumptious. its so fresh and modern. it works well with some linen.
 If you look close you can see I did a bit of fancy machine stitching, just for something a little different.
 As Halloween is approaching I have been thinking about making a quilt. I bought these fabrics when I was in America last month, now I just need to decide what to make.
 I have a few cute Halloween goodies, I like things that are different.
I also made a Halloween bunting during the week.

Next weekend I am going on my annual quilting retreat to Hagely farm, I can't wait. 3 days of non stop sewing , laughter and lots of fun.

Have a great day.

19 comments:

barb's creations said...

Love the zippered pouches and so true scrumptious is just gorgeous and looks fantastic teamed with the linen. I can't wait to see which quilt you decide to make your Halloween fabrics into, it sounds like you've had a very productive weekend so far :) Barb.

Anonymous said...

lovely work Leanne,love your halloween bunting,have a lovely day.xx

Bev said...

Love everything! You are so talented! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheery wave from
Bev

Deb R said...

You have been busy! Loving your Halloween bunting !

Cheryll said...

Those pouches are great... and I love the HaLLoWeeN display! :)

Lorraine said...

Love the Halloween goodies! The Hagley Farm retreat sounds Ike the perfect weekend!

Helen said...

Wow you have been productive Leanne, love it.

Helen

Christine M said...

Your pouch looks great Leanne. I love the second one you are making. Looking forward to seeing what you use the Halloween fabric for. Enjoy your weekend away.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

These pouches are amazing...

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love the zippered pouch. They look great..

chrissie said...

Beautiful pouches and thank you for the link.

Chrissie x

Melanie said...

The pouches are lovely. I love the fabrics you have used. The halloween buntning looks great. xxx

Simone Harding said...

Love your pouches. I also love the fabrics you have used.

Quilt Kitty said...

Scrumptious is the perfect name for that pouch, it's gorgeous. I fear I may soon buy a big bunch of that fabric range. Not long now, getting butterflies! xxx

Anthea said...

I would never have considered putting linen with those fabrics, but indeed they work well together. I am sure you will come up with a great Halloween quilt, Leanne, love those fabrics x

Wendy said...

Your pouch is lovely and the next one is looking beautiful too. Your halloween things look wonderful too.

Nicky said...

Loving the new pouches Leanne, aren't Camille's new patterns and fabric so sweet! Your decorative stitches look so pretty too....

debbie said...

Those fabrics do look very nice with the linen. You have been so busy!! xx debbie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...