Monday, June 8, 2015

Basket making

 I think I might be a little bit addicted to making fabric baskets, these are so handy and easy to make. Great to use up scraps or that odd fat quarter you have left over from a project. I made this one for my friends birthday and filled it with goodies.
 Then yesterday morning I made this scissor one. I love this print but never really had a plan for it so now its been put to good use.
 The lining is so cute, that was another odd fat quarter I  found in the cupboard.
 My lovely friend Cathy came over yesterday for a bit of  a sewing session so I made this smaller basket, this one is heading to USA.  I joined a swap on Instagram and my partner likes reproductions so I plan to fill this with  goodies for her.
 I shared these baskets a little while ago but thought I'd show them again and add them to this special Basket post. They are now in my bathroom and filled with sponges and soaps. I do love the yellow and grey print, it almost matches the bathroom tiles in the shower.
And lastly I made a bigger basket, well this is more like a bucket. It holds all my liberty fabrics.
I've probably made enough baskets for now, time to move onto something else don't you think.

I am almost finished my newest design for a magazine but I can't share it yet, I have sewing like crazy to get these done for my deadline so it was nice to just take a break and do some fun easy sewing.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and you found some sewing time.

Take care.

14 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your baskets. Hugs, xx

Wonky Girl said...

Great baskets, love them all but especially the fist one. :-)

Susan said...

They are rather addictive to make, aren't they! Yours seem quite firm and upright! Do you use a particular interfacing or stabliser?

Susan said...

Very cute, I totally understand your addiction. It's nice to get carried away with a pattern and want to make it over and over again. They make great gifts too.

Christine B said...

What cute baskets you have been making Leanne! Very pretty! I hope you have managed to meet your deadline for your latest pattern! Can't wait to see it! :) x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love them all xx

Stephany said...

Very nice baskets you made! It's perfect to use all your scraps and then save new scraps in it!!

Melanie said...

Love the baskets. Xxx

sunny said...

You can never have too many cute little baskets. I think you should make another dozen or so!

Lynda said...

Great idea to use up those spare fq's.

Anthea said...

These are just gorgeous Leanne - & yes a great way of using up little pieces to create something useful!
x

Christine M said...

Your baskets look great, Leanne.

retdairyqueen said...

I made two of your baskets from the pattern in Country Threads Love them
Yours are just lovely

Teresa said...

I love your baskets too. I've been looking at a 1 hour fabric basket tutorial I want to try. Maybe this afternoon.....

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...