Sunday, June 18, 2017

Some finishes

 Hi there, a few weeks ago my friend Leonie from Essence of cloth in Hobart  asked me if I would be interested in sewing with her new range of fabric called "Callington" well of course I was thrilled that she asked me, I mean its not everyday a fabric designer asks me if I would like a bundle of their fabric for my very own to sew whatever I choose.
 I was given a lovely bunch of fat quarters, I decided firstly I would like to make a bag of some kind and since I go to stitching days, quilt retreats and stitching at my friends house I knew I wanted a bag I could pack my goodies up in to carry around.
 So this is what I came up with, trying to use a little bit of each fabric. I'm very happy the way it turned out. I still have fabric left over so I think a matching zippy pouch might be in order and perhaps a nice table runner.
 My local patchwork shop is running a 12 month block swap which I am partaking in, this is the block I had to make for July. The owner of this quilt wanted red and grey fabrics.
 I was really happy with this block. Wonder what next month will bring.
 Also at the patchwork shop Sarah is having a cushion competition, we had to purchase the white polka dot fat quarter and incorporate some of it in our design. This is what I came up with. I love how it turned out. I just made it up and now I have had people ask me to write the pattern as they want to make one to. I'm thinking a tutorial on here might be the way to go.
 I love those browns and they match my new lounge suite perfectly.
 My Nantucket quilt is coming along nicely, I have 4 star blocks left to make, I had made 16 then decided to make it another row wider to fit my bed.
 I have loved making this quilt so much, playing with all my scraps and finding fabrics i had forgotten about.
 I bought some new fabric last week and have started to make a new project, I'm loving this so far. I'll share more with you next week.
Have a wonderful week and thankyou for stopping by. xx

10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....so many awesome projects ❤️❤️❤️

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of nice projects on the go........

sunny said...

You have been busy! Your bag is very pretty, and such a nice size! I love the blue star quilt!! Can't wait to see it on your bed.

retdairyqueen said...

Wow Love all your projects

a good yarn said...

So many lovely projects! What a charming fabric range and your bag shows it off nicely. That cushion will be a bit hit with the bloggy world and the red/grey block looks terrific. Was the fabric supplied or did you have to choose some from your stash? I like that you have made the blue star quilt a wee bit bigger. Those fabrics in your new project look great.

Anthea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthea said...

Lots of beautiful sewing Leanne... well done with the cushion, there's a lot of sewing in that one!

the girlfriend gap said...

Leanne , you get more accomplished in a short amount of time than anyone I know !!! Good for you ! Sweet finished projects make for a happy life. I love using things I have made. I love the red and gray quilt block. I am sorely lacking on sewing time due to summertime activities. I spent a little time today in the sewing room but only cutting done today for the final border on my Smokey Mountain star quilt. LOTS of 2 1/2 " squares. Happy sewing! Janita

Raewyn said...

Lovely to see what you are up to Leanne. The bag is gorgeous - how lucky to get to play with some fresh new fabric! Your cushion is lovely too, and I adore your Nantucket Stars!

Ruth said...

I love all your projects! The bag is so pretty and useful - love the new fabrics. Your Nantucket quilt is gorgeous - I love sawtooth stars and 9-patches. Hmmm ....I have a bunch of 9 patches from a swap that need to be used. And your last project looks like so much fun, I can't wait to see what it is1

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...