Sunday, September 10, 2017

I hit the Jackpot

 Hi there, such an exciting week for me. I received my September copy of Homespun Magazine which has one of my  designs  inside and much to my delight I found my quilt was on the FRONT COVER. I was so excited. Such an honour to have my quilt right where everyone can see it.
I'm still on cloud 9.
 Beautifully photographed as always. I couldn't be prouder.

 Before I sent my quilt off to the magazine I took it for a little photo shoot to the park, I love these shots. I was lucky a tree had fallen over the creek so I got to it as close as I could and draped my quilt over it. Stood back and was so happy at the scenery.
So there you go.
What do you think? I love these fabrics Olives Flower Market, they are so pretty and perfect for Spring.

Only 2 sleeps to go and my family and I are heading off to USA for another fun adventure. We can't wait to get there.

I'll be sure to share some photos when we return.

Until then, thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous and congratulations ❤️❤️❤️

Susan said...

Congratulations on being a 'cover girl' Leanne! Pretty fabrics for this classic bear paw variation! Have a great time on your trip!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Congrats lovely quilt. Pretty fabrics. Well done.

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats.. Photo shoots with quilts are always fun.......
Have a great time in America.....

Janice Holton said...

Congratulations, Leanne! That is wonderful! Your quilt is beautiful and I was attracted to that fabric line the first time I saw it as a "soon coming" item. I think we h ave VERY similar tastes! Here's wishing you a safe trip and a super fun visit!

retdairyqueen said...

Well done on making the front cover
You did well with your photo shoot

dream quilt create said...

Your quilt is beautiful Leanne! I love that fabric line, I have 2 charm packs waiting to be sewn.... Have a great time in the USA! Two trips in one year, wow!!!

a good yarn said...

Oh Leanne, how marvellous! Your projects are of such a high standard. They are well and truly worthy of featuring in, and on, magazine covers. It's a beautiful quilt. Have a wonderful trip to the States.

Ruth said...

That's wonderful! And I love the quilt, both it's colors and design. The photos outside are great - I love taking photos in a park or somewhere like that. Where are you going in the USA? If you make it to Oregon - McMinnville - let me know!

Anthea said...

Wow Leanne,, so happy to see your beautiful work on the cover!
Have a safe & wonderful time away .x

Christine M said...

Congratulations on being a cover girl, Leanne. Have a great trip.

Susan said...

Oh Leanne congratulations on being on the front cover of Homespun such a fab magazine and your quilt is stunning. X:)

barb's creations said...

Congratulations, love your quilt ☺

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...