Thursday, October 8, 2009

A lovely day off

It seems to strange having a day off from work on a Thursday, its show day here in Launceston and most of the shops and school close for the day. We took the boys to McDonalds for lunch which they thoroughly enjoyed then I spent the afternoon with my sewing machine. I made a table runner for my penfriend in the USA, I'll show a picture of that later on, I made 4 autumn themed postcards for my swap and then I sat for awhile and worked on my Sewing circle block which is the 1950's kitchen. This block was fun to do,
I thought I would show you a few more photos from the friendship sewing day I went to last Saturday, herer is everyone at their tables chatting and sewing.

I loved looking at the Dear jane quilt on display, those triangles sure do look hard but I'll be brave and try my best to make them properly.



I loved this idea of a Dear Jane friendship block quilt, each person made many blocks, signed the4m and sent them to each person in the group, I would love to do this but I don't know how to go about it, If anyone has some ideas please tell me.
Well my day of sewing is about to come to an end, I had better think about dinner for my hungry family, Happy sewing to you all.


3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Such a lovely way to spend the day and you have certainly achieved a lot. Well done! The Dear Jane is charming. Those triangles look tricky but spray starch may do the trick. The friendship block quilt is a nice idea. Ann :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day off and got some things done . Your stitching group looks fun and busy !

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne! I received my postcard block and I will try to finish ASAP :o) Love your lovely vintage stitchery!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...