Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friendship day

Today I went to the Tasmanian Quilt guild friendship day, I had a lovely day of stitching, shopping and chatting to other likeminded quilters . The theme of the day was Spring and Dear Jane. I was very excited to see other Dear jane quilts as it has helped me to keep going with mine.


The lady who owns this quilt did a talk all about Jane Stickle and the history of her life and THE original quilt. It was very interesting.

Pauline was there from calicocrossroads with her shop, I bought a few pieces of fabric for my DJ Quilt. I had never met Pauline before so it was nice having a chat with her.

I took lots more photos so I'll share them tomorrow








4 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a great day. Look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Isabella said...

Looking forward to seeing more pics looks like it was a fun day,
Pauline is nice is'nt she

a good yarn said...

The Dear Jane quilt is a incredible. It must have been interesting to hear about the story behind the original quilt. What a delightful way to spend the day. Lucky you! Ann :)

Rebecca said...

I am pleased you had a great time, the dear Janes all look great can't wait to see yours. Next time you see Pauline say Hello for me. Hugs
Bec

Mini quilts

 Hi there, so sorry for my long absence. July flew by within a blink of an eye and then it was August. I have been busy doing lots of sewi...