Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hooray its finished....

Working in a quilt shop there is always lots of things to tempt me to try, having sold many self covering buttons I thought I'd buy some and have a go. This is what I did, I bought a fabric I could fussy cut and I made these 2 buttons, maybe I can use them on a bag. They were fun and easy to make so I think I'll do some more.
I have been working on this quilt for some time, its called Living the Dream by Leanne Beasley. Today before work I quilted it and it looks so good. I changed a few of the stitcheries and wrote my childrens name just to personalise it a little bit, What so you think? Happy sewing everyone.




12 comments:

a good yarn said...

Covering your own buttons opens a world of possibilities. Your quilt is wonderful. I really like the way that you have added personal touches to the design. Ann :)

Christine said...

Cute buttons and your quilt looks awesome. (It's on my list to do one day!) I like the quilting design you used ... from the photo it looks quite 'paisleyish'

Stina Blomgren said...

Congratulations on a fantastic finish... love that quilt... need to make my own soon.. I even bought fabrics and the book .. but the fabrics are probably used to something else by now..lol...

Ruth said...

That's a lovely quilt! I love the little tag stitcheries and the quilting looks great!

Fee said...

It is so lovely - The quilting looks divine. Love the butons too...

Fer said...

Great job Leanne!

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt! Very lovely. What a nice idea :o)

Rebecca said...

The buttons look great and the quilting is beautiful
Hugs Bec

Mari said...

Lovely and easy to do looking quilt!

Sarah said...

HEy I have that pattern to! ONE DAY. I have not forgotten my postcrd. Just trying to get the Keep Warm scarf off first before I start it. : o )

Oh and sew the button on to a hair band or thread a hair pin through...

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

Hi Leanne :) What a wonderful quilt! *_* I love it and the quilting!

In case you'll not receive my email, I let you know that I've posted the swap to you :)

I didn't know you work in a quilt shop. ok now I'm paranoid about what I've sent to you... with thought like "and if it isn't 'enough'?" argh :p

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It's gorgeous! Love your choice of colors and the stitchery ~ a true heirloom!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...