Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New projects

I am having so much fun being on holidays. Today I sewed the binding on 3 minature quilts and a big one. I'm going to the beach for 5 days on Saturday so I can sew these bindings down while away. I'm sure my husband will frown when he sees me quilting on our holidays, he said why don't I have a break from sewing, I just laughed at him. (I'llonly sew at night when we are tired from a fun packed day I promise honey). Anyway today I received this beautiful table runner from my friend Jody in America. It was really funny because I have been working with almost the exact same fabrics as she used in my gift. Beautiful pinks and brown reproductions.On the weekend I started another tumbler quilt, I have quite a few reproduction fat quarters in my stash waiting for a project so I thought its about time I used them, I still have 3 rows to put on then its done. They are so quick and fun to make,

With my scraps I had left from my pink and brown quilt I made in my previous post I made these cute little pin cushions, they look so sweet sitting on my old sewing machine. What do you make with your scraps? Happy sewing everyone.



2 comments:

a good yarn said...

You are sewing up a storm! Your pincushions are very sweet. I haven't started my tumbler and you are already on a second. It's beautiful. What a lovely quilt to receive as a gift. It's stunning and such pretty fabrics. Have a terrific holiday! Ann :-)

Nettie's Blog said...

i love that tumbler pattern...i will have to come and check it out when you get back from your holidays....happy holiday sewing...

Mini quilts

 Hi there, so sorry for my long absence. July flew by within a blink of an eye and then it was August. I have been busy doing lots of sewi...