Friday, January 22, 2010

We've been to the beach

We had a wonderful break away, each day was busy at the beach watching the boys swim and ride the waves on their boogie boards. They had a ball. The weather was perfect, not too hot during the day and cool enough to sleep comfortable at night. I even found time or should I say made the time to do some sewing, I sewed the binding down on a few quilts that I had finished then did a bit of hand sewing on other projects. I was never bored thats for sure. Below is the beautiful view from where we stayed. Here is Nicky ready to catch a wave or two,

Nicky decided to bury Daniel in the sand, they had a good time.
Now we are home and back to our normal routine, only 3 weeks left of school holidays for the boys.



Here are 2 mini Laura Legacy quilts I finished while we were away, they are so sweet, they are about table runner size. I love reproduction fabrics so I really enjoyed making these. Have a nice weekend.







5 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

Such a productive restful holiday..and your boys looked like they were having a ball too..
did your hubby catch any fish???
I was guessing the holiday was the Bridport region???

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Cute boys and cute quilts!! We stayed for about 4 days near the Atlantic Ocean this week and enjoyed some walks on the beach.

a good yarn said...

Summer beach holidays are so memorable. Your quilts are adorable - don't they finish up quickly! Happy Stitching, Ann :-)

Oddbjørg said...

It seems you have had lovely days at the beach!
Visit my blog when you find time.

女孩 said...

goodjob!........................................

Saturday Sewing Session

 Hi there, do you ever have those weeks where you feel as though you haven't accomplished much? I have had one of those weeks and I do...