Saturday, December 1, 2012

Basket making

 A few days ago it was my penfriend Stephany's birthday so I made her a few little gifts. We all love to receive handmade gifts don't we. I made Steph a fabric basket and a little pincushion.
 Thursday was also Lillian's birthday, what do you give a lady who owns a quilt shop. I decided on a fabric basket and pin cushion as well, except Lillians has doileys on it as she is the doiley queen. She has quite the collection.
 The pincushion and basket are made from Linen, its so nice to work with. I added a little doiley for that special touch.
 So apart from working on my christmas gifts which are just about all done I had a few birthdays to make for as well.
 My garden is looking so pretty, I planted new lilliums and they are all in flower and so pretty. these orange ones are much brighter than the photos.
This afternoon we are going to set up the christmas tree, I love this time of year as the excitement of christmas builds up.

Enjoy your weekend and I hope you find some sewing time.

8 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely gifts Leanne. I wish I could grow flowers like yours!

Anonymous said...

lovely gifts Leanne and you have gorgeous flowers.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful gifts. I love how you have used those lovely doileys.

Unknown said...

Lovely Gifts Leanne Especially Love the Doily very effective.
Cheers

Kate said...

Such lovely gifts for the lucky ladies. Your lilies are beautiful.

Nancy Lee said...

Lovely gifts, lovely flowers! We are decorating the house today, but we go out to the tree farm to cut our tree next week. Enjoy!

Bev said...

Gorgeous gifts! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Anonymous said...

Great idea Leanne, I'm sure they both loved them :)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...