Sunday, April 28, 2013

Something started and something finished.

 Its been a bit of a lazy weekend, usually I sew like crazy but I just didn't feel like it this time. I haven't been doing nothing though, I started a new stitchery project that I have had for ages. Its a lovely sampler by Leanne Beasley. I do love her designs.
 Its a fun project to work on.
 I also finished sewing the binding on my new gorgeous table runner by Fig tree quilts. This is my most favourite runner. I used all my scraps for this  one and I enjoyed every stitch. Its just something about baskets that I love.

 All my favourite fig tree fabrics.
 I have finished another block of Sweet heart houses for work, whoo hoo, only one block to go then I can put it together.
The lady bird blocks are so cute.

I still have the quilt books for sale on the post below, if you are interested please leave a comment or send me an e-mail. Prices are negotiable.

Have a wonderful week.

18 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love your runner. great finish.

Susan said...

Hi Leanne love the table runner and yes that ladybird os so cute. xx

Wendy said...

All gorgeous Leanne, the stitchery is a lovely one and your table runner is so beautiful. Love the little baskets. Cute ladybirds too! Hugs Wendy

Anonymous said...

lovely work you have been doing Leanne,well done and i really love your runner.xx

Oddbjørg said...

Love the little baskets on your table runner.

tales from a handmade home said...

The little ladybird block is so pretty.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous runner and those beautiful threads would just make you want to stitch.... lovely stitchy things xx

Cardygirl said...

Beautiful projects!

Christina Broad said...

Hi Leanne.. boy have you been busy.. Love the table runner and the sampler.. Just wanted to say a very big 'thank you' Leanne for the lovely job you did on my quilt. It is now finished so if you want to have a look I have put photo's on my blog.. Thanks again and hugs from me.... :)

Simone Harding said...

Love the runner.
I also love the ladybird block and look forward to the quilts reveal when it is put together.

Deborah said...

Beautiful table runner! I have a thing for baskets, too!

Christine M said...

The thread colours you have chosen for your stitchery are lovely Leanne. Your table runner is just lovely.

Cheryll said...

Oooohhh gorgeous is correct!!!

Fiona said...

beautiful threads you are sewing the lovely sampler with and I just love your baskets runner.... and I don't think ladybugs can be resisted...
Hugz

Lynda said...

So much for a lazy weekend! I also have the Leanne Beasley sampler and will start it one day - it is lovely and so it your tablerunner. Can't go wrong with Fig Tree fabrics.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all your projects that table runner is amazing...

a good yarn said...

Ooooh! Baskets! I love baskets. It's such a beautiful runner. That stichery looks good too - Leanne Beasley makes delightful designs. That ladybird is too cute. Nice work Leanne!

Anthea said...

Oh Leanne, the runner is just stunning! And how lovely to use lots of your very favourite fabrics too. I love it!
And those threads for the Sew Laugh Love, I confess my eyes widened when I saw them, some are very un-you, but i am sure they will look beautiful on the linen. Enjoy the stitching x

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...