Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday already..

 Another week and come and gone in a blink of the eye, I have been busy sewing lots of things for christmas gifts, I can't wait to show you all what I have made.  Have to wait til christmas though. I did finish this beautiful pouch for all my hand sewing goodies, I am so happy with it, I made it bigger than the pattern and changed a few things. I learnt how to put in a zipper so I'm very proud of myself for that. I usually steer clear of things that look too hard.
 I used some of my scrumptious fabric which I absolutely love and some linen.
 My 2 new pouches look so cute together. Do you like them?
 I have mixed a few of my Bonnie and Camille fabrics together including their new April showers range and I'm working on a new magazine design. I love working with the hexagons, its just easy hand work and something different from stitchery for a change.
 A couple of weeks ago my lovely mother in law sent me this gorgeous hand quilting frame, it sits in my sewing room. I probably wont use it much as I'm not a hand quilter but it adds a nice touch to my room.
Its also great for draping quilts over to display.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and I  hope you get lots of sewing time.

13 comments:

Cheryll said...

That's a perfect use for the frame when not in use for quilting! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy ...gorgeous....lucky you with the frame...

Christine M said...

I love your pouches Leanne. Your quilt looks lovely hanging over the stand. You could just put different quilts there when you wanted a change!

Anonymous said...

very cute pouches Leanne.xx

Maria said...

Lovely pouches and how lucky you are to have the quilting frame..

Fiona said...

your pouches are lovely and that frame is perfec to display your quilts...
Hugz

Christine said...

Love your Scrumptious pouch .. looks so good with the linen. Look forward to seeing more of your hexie project. Lovely to see you on Friday ... we went and had a snooze in the park after we left you!

KERYN B said...

You did a great job with the bag it's very special.

rosa said...

Muy bonito el bolso-neceser,besos

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely post...such gorgeous projects. Love your quilting frame...it would definitely get a run here x

Quilt Kitty said...

I am loving the look of your hexie design Leanne, I'm sure that will end up on my to do list once it is another published design. xx

Nicky said...

Your pouches are lovely Leanne, the linen works beautifully with the Scrumptious. I love the way the quilt looks draped over the frame.

Lynda said...

I have one of those frames and use it for the same purpose as you :) Looks great in your sewing room. The pouches are lovely. i bought the new Fig Tree pattern and was hoping to make a few before Christmas (don't think I'll get there though). The hexies are looking terrific.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...