Saturday, October 18, 2014

Friday Night sew in

 I had a fabulous  night sewing last night, I actually got so much done.
 I got the binding sewn on my Fat quarter shop 2013 Block of the month, I even spent an hour towards the end of the evening hand sewing down the other side. I'm not  a big fan of binding but I'll keep plodding along when the mood strikes.
 Last week I taught a class at Patchworks plus, we did the jelly roll quilt called Jelly bean by Thimbleblossoms, Here is my version.  I actually used all my fig tree scraps and cut them to size. I also made it much bigger than the pattern, It with Sarah now waiting to be quilted.
 I can't wait to show it to you when I get it back. Its so pretty.
 For something completely different I am making a halloween quilt, I am loving working with these fabrics, Unfortunately I ordered some more but they got lost on the way to Australia so now I'm not sure what to do. The fabrics I have here came from a layer cake I bought and some very kind International friends sent me a few pieces. I have made around 10 blocks but wanted to make about 30.  I'll have to have a rethink on this project. I'm a bit worried about ordering more and the dollar isn't as good as it was when I bought the other fabrics.

Today I went to a Friendship quilting day and I helped Sarah in her stall for the day, it was such a fun time, I caught up with so many people I hadn't seen for ages.
I bought these beautiful fabrics just because I liked them, no project in mind yet but it won't be long as I can't wait to sew with them. Do you ever buy fabrics just because.........

Thankyou Wendy for hosting another successful sewing night, if you would like to see what everyone else got up to with their sewing, click here and go to the list.

Have a wonderful weekend.


19 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful work Leanne. Hope you are able to get some fabric for your Hallowen quilt.

KERYN B said...

Beautiful quilts Leanne. Such a shame your fabric went missing. Hopefully it will turn up.

Susan said...

I ALWAYS buy fabric because I love it! That is the best fabric to buy! Love those pinks!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all your projects x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Outback Craftaholic said...

Hi Leanne. You certainly had a productive FNSI. I visited a shop in Tweeds Head South, NSW last week which had some Halloween fabric that might work for you. Their FB page is https://www.facebook.com/FantaziaFabricland/timeline?ref=page_internal. Hope this helps. Cheers, Tracy

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Beautiful projects you have going on there.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilts. Shame the fabric got lost. Hugs,xx

Susie said...

Wow! I love it all those fabric on the fat qtr shop quilt really are lovely aren't they. Such a shame about that Halloween fabric - it really looks wonderful especially using the economy block. Adore your jelly rol quilt too. Can never go wrong with fig tree fabric.

Fiona said...

your quilt is just lovely..... I love those soft colours and a great pattern... sad about the lost fabrics.... and yes, I have bought fabric just because Iliked it.... I thought we were supposed to in order to be considered a true artist?
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely work!! What a shame about your fabric. I hope you find a solution. LOVE is the best reason to buy fabric...that special project will come xx

sunny said...

HaHaHaHaHa..."Do you ever buy fabrics just because". Ummm...yes! I'm sorry your fabric went missing. Is it lost forever? or is there still hope? Looks like you had a pretty good FNSI.

Christine M said...

You were busy, Leanne. I haven't touched my BOM since I finished the blocks and now you're stitching down the binding! I love the fabrics you bought.

Karen's Korner said...

You certainly had a productive night. Shame about the fabric - those Halloween blocks look lovely.

barb's creations said...

My goodness you got a lot done, love both quilts :) Barb.

Anthea said...

Hi Leanne - YES!! I do indeed buy 'just because' fabrics, & eventually figure out what to do with them.
As for the lost fabrics, did the postage costs have an insurance component? Then they could send more... What a shame... Maybe the project might just have be made over a longer period of time...
Have a great week xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

lovely quilts. Shame about your lost fabrics.

Ruth said...

Oh, I hope your fabric turns up! And yes, I buy fabric just because...but not so much lately as I'm trying to use stash, so I'm pretty proud of myself for not buying much lately.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Your quilt is so pretty. Love all the spring colors. I like the fussy cutting you are doing on your Halloween quilt blocks, very cute. I beautiful selection of new fabric. Have fun.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...