Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Sewing

 As you can see I am a little bit addicted to making fabric baskets, the reason I like them so much is they are great for using up your fabric and they really don't take that long. I made these 2 for my lovely mother in law. She loves these colours and when I received these fabrics in a lovely swap I did with Sunny I knew straight away that they would be be perfect.

 I spend alot of time on Instagram lately and I joined a needle book swap, this is what I made for my partner. Its a gail Pan stitchery and I just added my own touch and made it suit the needs of my partner.
 I also made her a mini basket and filled it up with goodies.
And then there is this bright cheerful basket I made for my work collegue to give to her daughter who is almost 18.

I think I'll give the baskets a rest for a little while and move onto something else.
I am stitching like crazy to finish up a magazine project and its looking great so far, I'm sorry I can't share anything yet.

Today we are going for a drive to look at a new car, just over 3 weeks ago I had a bad car crash and luckily I wasn't hurt  too bad but my car was written off. I was driving to work on this day and another driver drove straight through a red light and crashed into me. Right in the middle of town. Within minutes the police were there along with the fire brigade and ambulance, I went off to hospital  for a check up and only had some bad body bruising and shot nerves.

It was kind of embarrassing as a crowd gathered and people were taking photos. It was horrible, why would you take photos of a car crash when you don't even know the person.

Anyway its all over now and my insurance company have been awesome so now its time to go shopping for a new set of wheels.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you get some sewing time.

18 comments:

Fee said...

Sorry to hear about your accident Leanne but glad you are ok. love the fabric baskets. I must make one. Hugs, Fee xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Sorry to hear a bout your accident. Glad you weren't hurt . Good luck with the car shopping. Your baskets are lovely.

sunny said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad you're okay!! After seeing your little baskets, I think I want my fabric back. LOL. Enjoy your new car.

Susan said...

So glad ton early ire ok you can always get a new car. I don't know why people and the media photograph accidents either, it's a real invasion of privacy. Your fabric baskets are lovely, especially the blue fabric made for your swap partner. Happy car shopping!

Christine M said...

Glad to hear you are okay Leanne. How awful to take photos of someone in an accident. Your sewing is just lovely. Enjoy the new car!

Gina said...

I love your baskets. I'm making a pile of them aswell. They are so addictive.
I'm sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad you are ok. Unfortunately in this age of social media the crowd are always on the look out for something to post with no thought to the poor people involved. THere was a rollercoaster accident in the UK a couple of weeks ago and the videos were all over the internet before the families of the victims had been informed. Terrible situation

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased to hear you are ok ... Love all your projects xx

Anthea said...

Fantastic sewing as always Leanne... I can see how the baskets would become addictive to make! I hope you find a new car soon & that you're feeling ok again now

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! Love all your pretty little baskets... such a fun way to use up fabric! I hope you a fully recovered from your crash now and that you are lucky finding a new car! Hugs! Christine x

Jeanette said...

So glad you weren't hurt & are ok. Love the baskets & the needlecase. Hugs,xx

Melody said...

Glad to hear you are OK after your accident, how horrid that people were taking pictures. Great sewing results.

Fiona said...

so glad you were ok... it gives one such a shock even if there is no major injury...
Hugz

a good yarn said...

Oh Leanne! What a relief that you weren't badly injured but it must have given you a terrible fright. What is wrong with people today? Taking photos of an accident is ghoulish. I've never understood the lunacy of drivers who think it's perfectly acceptable for them to ignore the road rules - especially traffic signals. Your baskets are delightful and a great gift idea. Can't wait to see your magazine project (they are always first rate).

dream quilt create said...

That's horrible about your car accident Leanne!!!I'm sure glad you're okay. That would have really rattled my nerves, I tend to shake when things like that happen to me! Your baskets are really pretty, those are on my list to make. I seem to be so busy making gifts for my family, that I don't have time for much else lately :)

Lorraine said...

Glad you are ok after the accident Leanne...just goes to show life can change in the blink of an eye! Love the baskets - I am sure they are all appreciated by the recipients!

Ruth said...

The baskets are so cute and useful! I'm so sorry about your accident, but happy you didn't have serious injuries. That's the main thing! Hope you find a great new car! BTW, that happened to me on my way to work several years ago. The damage wasn't as bad but the car was written off anyway. Luckily, I was fine as was the other driver (who was at fault, BTW).

Unknown said...

I’m sorry to hear about the accident. It’s good that you came out of it unscathed, though it’s too bad about what happened to your car. Anyway, I hope that you were able to find one that fits your needs. Drive safe, and happy quilting!

Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...