Sunday, July 24, 2016

To do list....

 I never seem to run out of things I want to sew, my "To Do" list is always growing, Are you the same?
 See this lovely piece of fabric, well I had no intention of doing anything with it right away but I was looking in my cupboard and there is  was staring back at me. way too cute to cut up so I decided to make a little mat to sit on my desk in my room. Its so very sweet and as I'm only the only female in my house it was just something pretty I made just for me.We all deserve to have pretty things in our sewing rooms don't you agree.
 If you go on Instagram I am sure you have seen many photos of this American flag quilt, well this went right to the top of my To Do list and I have made 12 blocks so far, just  three more to go. I am loving it, This quilt will be for our son Jacob, who is saving up to be a Summer Camp leader in the US in 2018.
Once I finished my log cabin quilt, I decided to get this top together, I had all the blocks made so it was just a matter of taking some time to work on getting it finished. Now to make a scrappy border. Then that will be another quilt ticked off my list.

Its such a good feeling to get your projects finished.

Enjoy your Sunday and I hope you find some sewing time.

7 comments:

Christine B said...

Looks like you have been busy Leanne! Love all your latest projects! Christine x

sunny said...

Yes! My list keeps growing and growing! I went to a Quilt Show yesterday, and added another two quilts to my Must-Do list. I guess I should be sewing instead of reading blogs. Your quilts look great. Your flag quilt will be just perfect!

Lynda said...

Always lots of lovely things happening in your sewing room. The Red Riding Hood fabric is very sweet.

Susan said...

Love the USA quilt. Not sure if I should make one before I go, or buy fabric while I'm there. Such a great look.

Susan said...

I agree, my 'to-do' list never diminishes! Love the little table mat! I often leave new fabric purchases on my planning desk where I can admire them and dream up projects for them!

Helen Philipps said...

You have made a lot of lovely things Leanne! I love them all!
Helen xox

Ruth said...

Yes!! Too many things to do! BTW, I sent you a package - let me know when you get it.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...