Monday, July 18, 2016

Log cabins

 I have had a wonderful weekend finishing off my Kansas troubles log cabin quilt. I love it alot,
 I made a total of 25 blocks and each one was so much fun to put together, choosing different fabrics to cut into was the most fun. I have quite a healthy stash of Kansas Troubles fabrics and digging right to the bottom of my box I found some I had forgot I even had.
These fabrics were the very first collections I started to buy when I fell in love with quilting, I think I have made at least 10 Kansas Troubles quilt.
The star block was nice to make for a change instead of a plain red centre, they finish at 4 inches so quite fiddly to make but worth it in the end.
Yesterday I handed it over to my quilter to work her magic, I chose a lovely feather quilting design so I can't wait to get it back and get that binding on. There is still a few months of cold weather left so I'm sure it will get used straight away.

How did you spend your weekend? I hope you found some sewing time.

11 comments:

Janice Holton said...

Found you at Podunk Pretties! I love your quilt. I'd agree with you that fiddling with the little pieces for the center was worth it. Very good looking block!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne wow this quilt looks fantastic..

Susan said...

I think we all started with those colours. So lovely and cosy.

Helen said...

Like you I love log cabin blocks..... well done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!

Ruth said...

The quilt is just awesome! I love the star and of course the log cabin design. It will be lovely on your bed!

Lynda said...

Your quilt is s beautiful. The stars in the centre are a great idea.

the girlfriend gap said...

Good job my dear : ) It is going to be cozy.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Leanne your quilt is lovely. Well done.

Melody said...

What a wonderful finish

Anthea said...

Beautiful work as always Leanne... wow you must have quite the tub of KT fabrics to have made so many quilts from them!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...