Sunday, August 21, 2016

Blooming Beautiful

 Not long now and Spring will be here, I am so looking foreward to some warmer days and Sunshine. My kitchen is looking brighter already with these beautiful daffodils picked fresh this morning. They are such a cheerful flower.

 I have a few more bulbs in my garden that are blooming, these grape Hyacinth are so sweet and their big sisters at the back there in a pot. The fragrance is  lovely,  Its such a fun time of year seeing all the new growth on winter plants that have been dormant for what seems like forever. Finally bringing some colour in my garden
 I had a bit of fun this morning and took my newly finished log cabin quilt to the park for a little photo shoot. It was too wet to be on the grass so I found some nice dry rocks near the creek and this was the perfect place to lay my quilt and take some photos.

I actually still need to sew the binding on this quilt but I love it so much I couldn't  wait to get some photos.

Today I am finishing off another quilt, I'm on a roll here people.

Have a great day and thankyou  for stopping by.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Who doesn't love Spring bulbs? They are full of so much promise for warmer weather to come. Love your log cabin too, it looks so snuggly and inviting.

Susan said...

I think one must take every opportunity to take quilt photos, especially at this time of the year. In Melbourne it is quite wintery again! But nothing says Spring like daffodils and flowering bulbs! They like the warmth too!

Anthea said...

If your flowers are this lovely now Leanne, your Spring garden is going to be just gorgeous! What a great spot to show off your quilt xx

Annette said...

I'm another one lucky enough to have Daffodils flowering along with Jonquils! LOve your Log Cabin with the star In the middle, does it have a name please, I'd love to make one..........thanks, Annette

Lorraine said...

Lovely colour...and always nice to get a finish - great pics!

Susan said...

Hi Leanne WOW your log cabin quilt is gorgeous. thank you for your letter to wich I have just replied hoping to get it in the post to you tomorrow. XX:)

sunny said...

And here I am hoping for some cooler weather soon! We've had an unusually hot summer. Your quilt is gorgeous! Too bad it will soon be too warm to use ie. LOL!

the girlfriend gap said...

Yea for spring for you !! Hard for me to imagine spring in September : ) as fall is in the air here. I came across my pattern for the same log cabin quilt last week. I had a strong itching to pull some fabrics for it. Your quilt looks beautiful !! It won't be long and I will be able to sew again !!!!! Have a great week. Janita

Christine B said...

Hi Leanne! What beautiful flowers and such fabulous photos of your quilt! Will email soon! Christine x

Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous log cabin quilt...and lovely photos of it! Being in the UK it is so nice...but so strange...to see daffodils flowering at this time of year :)
Happy weekend.
Helen xox

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...