Sunday, February 12, 2017

Its all about finishing.

 This weekend has been all about finishing my projects that have been sitting around for a long time, and I mean a long time. Try 6 years. Its almost too embarrassing to mention.
 I got this quilt out of the cupboard and thought it was now or never to get this finished, I only had a little bit of quilting left to go. Very simple cross hatch in the dark squares. I was so happy with it.

 Now its binding time. Whoo hoo!!!
 Yesterday afternoon I got this cross stitch out and decided I wanted it for my laundry but as its really long I couldn't find a frame long enough, I think that's why I had it in the cupboard. So I decided to make it into a mini quilt.
 I'll share more when its all finished. I do love it all over again now.
 This afternoon I made another house block for our birthday swap, these are so much fun to make, I enjoy digging into my scrap basket and finding fabrics I had forgotten about.
 I found a little time to do some baking, I made  lollie rock cakes. My boys will loved these. Full of choc chips and jelly babies.
I hope you found some sewing time this weekend.

Have a wonderful week. xx

15 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Congrats on your lovely finished. At least the don't have a use by date.

Christine B said...

Well done on finally finishing that beautiful quilt Leanne! You have been a busy bee this weekend and I wish you a lovely week of stitching too! Christine xx

sunny said...

So many pretties! I LOVE your basket quilt. But then, I've never met a basket quilt that I didn't love.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your basket quilt is lovely. I look forward to seeing its reveal after it has been bound.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I know how easy time can fly--and we often forget how long we have set aside a project--
I am going back though all my blog posts--have the first 2 years done now--and I am amazed at how many quilts I have make--and how 'old' some of my tops and blocks are!!! But I am working on the oldest ones this year too--
love the one you got finished--good for you--
enjoy the moments, di

Raewyn said...

Good to see you pullingout some of your oldies and getting them done :-) It will be nice to see finished photos of these lovelies. Cute house block too.

the girlfriend gap said...

Clapping for you !!!! Some things just have a longer gestation period! Sometimes that is to the projects advantage. Skills and ideas improve over time to give it the just right finish. Good for you for tackeling some challenges!! As one blogger once said.... really what's the hurry it is all part of the lovely process of creativity. Janita

Lynda said...

Doesn't it feel great to finish off these really old UFO's? Love your cross stitch.

Susan said...

My word Leanne I am shattered just reading all the things you had finished over the weekend. I am very impressed after 6 years I would have probably chucked them out or given them away for someone else to finish. I love your Laundry cross stitich really beautiful. X:)

a good yarn said...

It may have taken a while but it's a good feeling to finish a project. Especially such a charming one (I do like a basket). Such a good idea to turn your cross-stitch into a mini quilt and those house blocks are so sweet. A lot like those rock cakes! Not that I would refuse one if offered. Especially if there was a cup of tea as well. The weather has cooled but not sure if I'll get any stitching done this weekend. Need to catch up on all the housework that wasn't happening while we melted in the heat.

Anthea said...

A few little darling finishes there Leanne... crazy how we do that, get so close to a finish but don't actually manage to do just that!
The baskets quilt looks great & I love the way you quilted it.
x

Karen said...

I like your little basket quilt.

Janice Holton said...

Woo hoo!! A six year project now finished! That's cause for celebration right there. I know I would be! Way to go, Leanne!

Anonymous said...

I really like your baskets. Is that someone's pattern? I've been trying to decide on a basket pattern lately. dezertsuz at gmail

Chookyblue...... said...

Good work on the finishes......

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...