Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Projects

 I have a lot of secret sewing going on in my little studio this week, so even though I have been doing lots of sewing I don't have much I can share. I did finish this sweet little basket, its going to be filled with baby things and given to the new mum very soon. It was a fun little project.
 This little snippet is my brand new quilt design, its not due to be published until September. I wanted to share this photo of my binding. Don't you just love stripes. Especially black and white ones. I love how the stripes met on this corner of the quilt.
 I am in a block swap  with a group of ladies, each month we make a block while someone is making my block. It goes for 12 months. This is the block I just made, Its called Tree of Life. It looks challenging but really its not. This is going to be a beautiful quilt when the owner of these blocks puts it altogether.
 Just for fun I have started a new quilt, lots of little 9 patch blocks in the middle. We bought a new sofa so of course i have to have a quilt to match.
 The mess on the right is more little blocks waiting to be pressed.
I have been going through my quilts and I am just running out of room so I decided to list a few of my favourites for sale in my etsy shop. I would love for you to take a look, The link is in the sidebar of my blog.

Have a wonderful Sunday. xx

9 comments:

Connie the Cootiebug said...

Hello from a new reader of your blog. I like everything in your photos so much. I do like the striped binding and it matches so perfectly in the corner! Well done!

the girlfriend gap said...

You are going to sneak a quilt on your new couch ???? ; ) Ha Ha You make me smile. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Janita

sunny said...

You've bee very busy, making pretty things. I need to make some of those little baskets. Hope all is well with you.

a good yarn said...

So much for not having much to share! Lovely projects Leanne - those baskets have a multitude of uses and it's fun to fill them with goodies; I do love a striped binding but it would never meet up so perfectly for me! Looking forward to the reveal. That is a mountain of nine patches to be pressed but looks like the beginning of a delightful quilt. I'm sure your unwanted quilts won't last long - that ones a really beauty.

Raewyn said...

You are keeping busy Leanne - love the basket, it will be a very useful gift. Nice sneaky peek too, that binding is very stunning! Good luck with selling your quilt - it can be very hard to part with them!

Patchwork and Play said...

No rest for the wicked, they say! Can one have too many quilts? As one of my blogging friend says, I have enough to insulate my whole house! Your block swap sounds very interesting!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are keeping super busy....fantastic projects 💖💖

Christine Barnsley said...

Beautiful stitching as always Leanne! I love stripey binding too.... it always adds an extra 'pop' to a quilt. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the new design when it is released! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Christine x

Anthea said...

Lots of lovelies here Leanne... I hope you get a buyer for your quilt, it's so gorgeous, it must be hard deciding which ones to part with.

Around the garden

 Hi there, not a lot of sewing going on around here lately because I have been  busy spending my time in the garden. This time of year is ...