Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Projects

 I have a lot of secret sewing going on in my little studio this week, so even though I have been doing lots of sewing I don't have much I can share. I did finish this sweet little basket, its going to be filled with baby things and given to the new mum very soon. It was a fun little project.
 This little snippet is my brand new quilt design, its not due to be published until September. I wanted to share this photo of my binding. Don't you just love stripes. Especially black and white ones. I love how the stripes met on this corner of the quilt.
 I am in a block swap  with a group of ladies, each month we make a block while someone is making my block. It goes for 12 months. This is the block I just made, Its called Tree of Life. It looks challenging but really its not. This is going to be a beautiful quilt when the owner of these blocks puts it altogether.
 Just for fun I have started a new quilt, lots of little 9 patch blocks in the middle. We bought a new sofa so of course i have to have a quilt to match.
 The mess on the right is more little blocks waiting to be pressed.
I have been going through my quilts and I am just running out of room so I decided to list a few of my favourites for sale in my etsy shop. I would love for you to take a look, The link is in the sidebar of my blog.

Have a wonderful Sunday. xx

9 comments:

Connie said...

Hello from a new reader of your blog. I like everything in your photos so much. I do like the striped binding and it matches so perfectly in the corner! Well done!

the girlfriend gap said...

You are going to sneak a quilt on your new couch ???? ; ) Ha Ha You make me smile. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Janita

sunny said...

You've bee very busy, making pretty things. I need to make some of those little baskets. Hope all is well with you.

a good yarn said...

So much for not having much to share! Lovely projects Leanne - those baskets have a multitude of uses and it's fun to fill them with goodies; I do love a striped binding but it would never meet up so perfectly for me! Looking forward to the reveal. That is a mountain of nine patches to be pressed but looks like the beginning of a delightful quilt. I'm sure your unwanted quilts won't last long - that ones a really beauty.

Raewyn said...

You are keeping busy Leanne - love the basket, it will be a very useful gift. Nice sneaky peek too, that binding is very stunning! Good luck with selling your quilt - it can be very hard to part with them!

Susan said...

No rest for the wicked, they say! Can one have too many quilts? As one of my blogging friend says, I have enough to insulate my whole house! Your block swap sounds very interesting!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are keeping super busy....fantastic projects 💖💖

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitching as always Leanne! I love stripey binding too.... it always adds an extra 'pop' to a quilt. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the new design when it is released! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Christine x

Anthea said...

Lots of lovelies here Leanne... I hope you get a buyer for your quilt, it's so gorgeous, it must be hard deciding which ones to part with.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...