Sunday, April 9, 2017

Autumn Garden - My New Design

 I am very happy to share with you my newest design that was just published in Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine, it was the first time I have had a design published with this magazine and I'm just a wee bit excited.
 The theme for this issue was Hand piecing so I grabbed my sketchbook and my trusty old hexagons and my design was born.
 For those of you who know me well and read my blog you all know how much I love to do stitchery and how much I love my garden. My design was based on my garden and some of the flowers I grow,
 My beautiful fig tree fabrics that I love to use came together so well in this design. I tried to keep it fairly scrappy but I made the flowers pop by using darker more dominant print, I want those sweet stitcheries to shine.
 I now have it displayed in the corner of my lounge. It looks so pretty there on my ladder.

 The photography looks wonderful, my project is displayed so well on this buttery coloured table, Now i want one that colour to.
 The only tiny thing I  was disappointed with was they forgot to include my name with my project. Oh well its too late now. I know its mine and now you do to,
 There are not many pretty flowers left in my real Autumn garden now, a few roses are still blooming and I have some dahlias but thats all, theses Zinnias I pulled out just last week, they gave such a beautiful display. Soon I'll be panting some new bulbs.
Have a wonderful week and thankyou for stopping by.

8 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Congrats. Lovely hexagon project.

Christine B said...

Congratulations on having another fabulous design published Leanne! You are doing so well with your quilt designs! Your flowers look gorgeous! Hope it is not too cold there yet! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

the girlfriend gap said...

Sweet little YUM YUM... They should compensate you in some way for omitting your name. That is not right to not acknowledge your creative time and ability. Time to bring on the pumpkins and enjoy all things Autumn!! Janita

a good yarn said...

Well, it's about time Australian Patxhwork & Quilting published your work. What took them so long? It's such a sweet design and I like how you used darker colours for the flowers. Your signature stitcheries make it such a special project.

Anthea said...

Congratulations on another pretty design Leanne... it's gorgeous!

Helen said...

Well done Leanne.....looks great

ES said...

Such a shame that your name is not in the magazine!

Annette said...

Luv your pretty hexagon project, I bought the magazine to read while in hospital & have marked this project to make soon. Hope you have alerted the magazine editor of their mistake in not acknowledging you.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...