Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas 2017

 Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the special day. Ours was very quiet but lovely.
I enjoyed getting all my Christmas goodies out of storage and decorating my home.


 Each year I try and make at least one new Christmas project but time got away and I only managed to sew the binding on a new table runner I made last year for my coffee table. Oh well it doesn't matter because I did have my new quilt I designed for a magazine publication earlier in the year. So I guess I can call that my new 2017 christmas project.
 My Tis the season quilt by Natalie Bird is always my favourite quilt for Christmas. I love the fabrics and the stitcheries are so sweet.
 Also on display is my new Jim Shore ornaments i bought in the USA back in September, these are so lovely I think I'll leave them out a little longer.
And whats Christmas Day without my traditional picture of my boys. Getting more handsome every year I must say. Lol,


In 2 weeks time I will be participating in my very first half marathon, I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I have been training hard for months now and after completing 2 10k races I know I'm more than ready to challenge myself even further.
Wish my luck,   I'll be sure to let you know how the big day went.

Thankyou for stopping by.

Happy sewing


5 comments:

a good yarn said...

Merry Christmas Leanne! Your quilts and decorations are just lovely. My word those boys are young men now and quite handsome too. Good luck with the half marathon. That will be quite an achievement.

sunny said...

Merry Christmas, Leanne! Glad to hear you're doing well. Congrats on running a half marathon! I can't run from the house to the end of the drive. We had a very quiet relaxed Christmas too.Happy New Year to you!!

Janice Holton said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Leanne! I am a big Jim Shore fan too! A half marathon? I am impressed! I never have liked running so anyone who does it and sticks with it is amazing in my book. :)

the girlfriend gap said...

Everything is lovely Leanne. Your Christmas baskets add a joyful touch. I can hear you talking as I read each word : ) Wish I could just hop in for a visit quick and have a cup of tea with you. You are going to do great on your run.... you are so determined. Those boys won't be able to push you around after you have that under your belt. You will be queen of the castle! I'll be praying for strength for you and joy as you run like the wind. Wish I could be at the finish line. Remember I'll be cheering you on from my rocking chair because YOU ROCK !!!! I went to the YMCA today it is all I can do to make myself go at least 3 times a week. I can't seem to find the joy in sweating! But I can't get any more fluffy so go I must. Take care . Love you ! Hugs to the boys! Janita

Unknown said...

Nice to see your boys Leanne !

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...