Monday, May 9, 2011

A lovely weekend

I had a lovely mothers day yesterday, Paul and the boys spoilt me rotten which was so nice, I cooked dinner but they all washed up. They gave me this yummy cake which we had for afternoon tea. My husband actually surprised me with a new leather lounge suite, its gorgeous. We were thinking about buying one for awhile then last week he said I think I'll get you a new leather lounge for mothers day. It was delivered on Friday while I was at work so when I got home it was all set up and looking lovely. I only wanted a new non stick frying pan which the boys gave me yesterday. So now its a bit of joke in our house. The boys even asked me which I liked best, the pan or the couch.

I did get lots of sewing done, I sewed the borders on this quilt, hooray its nearly finished. I have been working on and off this quilt for over a year. Just one leaf to applique and few more centres for the flowers.



I also got my Gardeners Journal out and sewed 2 blocks together, I'm quite enjoying stitching this project.





This one is all sewn and ready for my stitching.

I hope all the mums out there had a wonderful mothers day and you got some sewing time.







9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love your GJ blocks..........very pretty......

happy rosie said...

love the quilt beautiful colours you were lucky for mothers day i know you deserve good things happening to you
cheers

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow a leather lounge (hard to wrap) Your cake is very cute and looks very yummy. Love all your blocks too

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You did well...glad you had a good Mothers day....your blocks look fantastic...

Sue W ♥ said...

lovely...and nice to see you had some me time also on Mother's Day

Pauline said...

nice one Leanne...the fabrics looks so nice in GJ...lucky you eh...cant beat a lounge...nice going..glad you had a nice one...

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your quilt and GJ blocks look beautiful!!

Isabella said...

Gosh oh golly gosh thats some mothers day you had glad you enjoyed it.

a good yarn said...

You deserved a special day for being a terrific mum! So which one was it - pan or couch! *chuckle* The Garden blocks are looking lovely - you always do such pretty stitcheries. The flower quilt is charming - nice colourway. Ann :-)

Around the garden

 Hi there, not a lot of sewing going on around here lately because I have been  busy spending my time in the garden. This time of year is ...