Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A challenging scrap project

Last week I joined in Jodi's sew scraps challenge, I have had such good fun going through my stash and finding suitable fabrics to use. Its as scrappy as I can make it. I really struggle with the scrappy look as I like my fabrics to compliment each other, but I think its all coming together nicely.


The 9 patch block in the middle is fun to do and its adds that little bit of interest.








I love doing the stars and deciding which fabric goes where .I try to not repeat the same fabric in the one block. Thats how scrappy works isn't it??







So here we have the first 2 rows of 5. I want to do a scrappy border so I'll have to think about that for awhile. I can't wait to work on it some more.



Our eldest son Daniel is 16 today, sorry I have no photo of him to share, he doesn't like to be on my blog very often. Teenagers like to be difficult.

So Happy Birthday Big boy.









12 comments:

Christine said...

Your scrap quilt looks wonderful, Leanne. Happy Birthday Daniel.

Vicki said...

You have been a busy girl! No camping after all? You would NOT believe the rain here this morning!

Cath said...

Hello Leanne,
Love the Scrappy Quilt...I am unable to do scrappy as i have too much of a symetrical eye but maybe i will give it try one day (certainly have enough scraps) Happy birthday to your big boy!

Jo in TAS said...

I love your version of scrappy!
Best Wishes to Daniel, hope he has a special day!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful blocks, this is going to be gorgeous....Happy birthday to your boy...

Lynda said...

Leanne, your scrappyquilt is FABULOUS. I really love it. I hope Daniel has a great birthday.

Jodi Nelson said...

Oh my heck!!! It's fantastic!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Thanks so much for letting me know. :) ooxx`jodi

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh my gosh! Jodi sent me over here to look at your scrap jar stars and I LOVE it. I love scrappy quilts and I think you did a wonderful job! And, way to whip that out! You've inspired ME!

Amber Johnson
Gigi's Thimble
alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

Oh Leanne, your scrap quilt is fabulous. I LOVE IT... You've inspired me. I have to make it. I have two huge boxes of scraps that would be wonderful in that quilt.
Happy Birthday to your son...
Cheers
Leanne xo

a good yarn said...

Fabulous scrappy stars! It's a good start. I'm still cutting up scraps! Happy Birthday to your lad. ann :-)

Jeni said...

Wow how wonderful does your scrap quilt look ......

Susie said...

I think the colours absolutely complement each other!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...