Sunday, April 1, 2012

Swap Gifts and a new project

My on line stitcing group had a Bronwyn Hayes swap and these are the beautiful gifts I received from Sue, they are lovely and the fabric is so pretty.


Look at the gorgeous needlecase and scissor holder, so sweet and beautifully made.


I love my new scissors Sue included, they are so nice, thanks Sue. They will be put to good use.






This is the gift I made for De. I love doing stitchery so this project was fun to make.






With Autumn now here I wanted to make a new winter quilt so I went through my stash and decided on a red, white and blue theme. I also wanted to make something different to what I've done before and this is what I came up with. Its slow going but good fun. I'll share my progress as I continue to work on this baby.









One row together, only 14 more to go.


Have a great Sunday and I hope you find some time to sew as well.











15 comments:

Lynda said...

You received such beautiful presents Leanne. I've been Sue's partner and love what she makes. Your new quilt is going to be wonderful - I love the design.

shez said...

whow Leanne lovely gifts sent and received,what a lovely swap,well done girls.xx

Roseanne said...

What great swap gifts you make and received Love both of them.

Kathy said...

This new quilt looks great Leanne :) the red, white and blue combo will be perfect for winter - fresh and cheerful, but still cosy on cold winter days.
Have a great week,
Hugs kathy

Susan said...

HI Leanne At Last I managed to write to you last night so I will pop the letter in the post on monday. Love the new autum quilt I did that pattern a few years back and in christmas fabrics it became a table runner. hugs :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Leanne...wow...lucky you and lucky De....

Charlie and Wendy said...

The gift sewing is gorgeous, lots of beautiful stitcheries. I love the look of your new quilt too.

Quilt Kitty said...

I was going through my UFO box yeaterday Leanne & have the stitcheries for that same Red Brolly set all ready to machine sew. I did them to match a turquoise fabric, totally different for me. I love your pillow for De, so pretty. That is a clever pattern for your winter quilt. Tracee xx

DAWNIE said...

Oh gorgeous pressies sent and received

Marina said...

Oh wow your new project looks gorgeous :) .. I love the little gifts too they are cute
Have a great week!
Love M

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts sent and received........

Simone said...

Leanne how gorgeous I have made a number of Red Brolly quilts and things. Love the bag you lucky lady

a good yarn said...

I love your new quilt! Great colurs and fabrics. Are you using a jelly roll? ann :-)

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Great Swap Gifts. It was a great swap. And I love your stars :)

Littleboutiue Village said...

Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks
unique gift ideas

Saturday Sewing Session

 Hi there, do you ever have those weeks where you feel as though you haven't accomplished much? I have had one of those weeks and I do...