Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easter swap, farmers wife quilt and new tilda fabric

 My lovely friend Anthea from Hibiscus stitches and I decided to do a little easter swap with each other. Here are the beautiful gifts Anthea kindly send me. A gorgeous wall hanging complete with hanger. We both love Nat Bird designs so we decided to make each other a Birdhouse design.
 All these goodies were in a gorgeous little easter bag, there is ribbons and bunny candles all so cute
 and this gorgeous little lay bird full of choccies. Thankyou so much Anthea. I will share the gifts I made as soon as the postman delivers them to Anthea.
 I have started putting my farmers wife blocks together, this takes some time but I only have 3 rows to go.


 There was much excitement at work on Thursday when   we got 2 boxes full of new tilda fabrics. They are so soft and pretty. I bought 4 pieces but I'm sure I will buy the others as they are just so lovely. There is talk of a tilda tea party at work so that will be lots of fun.
Right, I must do some house work before I  head to my sewing room to put the final touches on a few more easter swaps. Oh I love sewing..... but I guess you already knew that.
Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Fiona said...

What a fun parcel Anthea put together.... and I love your farmers wife quilt... so fresh and pretty...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

wow what a wonderful parcel of goodies Anthea has put together for you Leanne,i love the stitchery and the ladybug choccies,so cute and those new tilda fabrics are gorgeous,have a good weekend.xx

Bev said...

Your Farmer's Wife is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are wonderful! Another masterpiece for you!

Cheery wave from Bev

Marina said...

Oh very nice projects. I love your farmers wife quilt. Have a great weekend :)

Christina Broad said...

Wow! Nice gift... The ladybug is so cute..Love the way your quilt is coming together too.. Must visit the shop and get some of that nice fabric before it all goes LOl.. Have a great day.. :)

Lib said...

Love your quilt, coming together beautifully. Fantastic gift, too. Can't wait to see what you sent.

Pauline said...

woman..you are a machine!!! 3 boys, work hard, and still fit all this in, i have no idea what you are on but I want some!!! Hey , I have that little gift for you re the camera....:)

a good yarn said...

A terrific post full of eye candy! Lots of lovely Easter goodies, quilt snippets ad fabric joy. Thanks!

Nicky said...

Lovely post Leanne, your swap with Anthea looks wonderful! The Farmers Wife is stunning too, I love your colour choices(as always!)

2paw said...

The Farmer's Wife is so cute and I looked at lots of pictures. I love the colours and the diagonality!! So cute, but such small blocks. I am too lazy for that!!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...