Saturday, June 21, 2014

Friday night sew in and I have a new design just published.

 Another busy week has come and gone and what better way to end the working week than with some sewing. Last night I started putting some of my scrappy Kansas Troubles star blocks together. I made these in January and they just got put aside.
 Now winter is here I want this quilt for the lounge so I thought I should  make a start at putting it together. I love the black sashing between each block, it really makes them stand out. I plan to use the black for the outer border as well. Can't wait to get this one finished.

 In other sewing news..... I have been published again. Its so exciting for me to see my projects on the pages of a magazine. This time I made a table runner and matching bunting. There are stitcheries on them both with an Afternoon Tea theme.

 I used my favourite Fig tree fabric called Avalon, its so pretty and reminds me of Spring.
 I took way too many photos and couldn't just pick a couple so I'll let you scroll through them all.


 I loved making this bunting.
So thats my sewing for this week. I hope you all got lots done to, if you would like to see who else joined in for Friday night sew in, please click here to see the list.

Have a wonderful weekend.

22 comments:

Susan said...

More lovely stitching Lizzie! I love a scallop border and yours is very pretty! You are quite the magazine star, aren't you?!

sunny said...

Your table runner is beautiful, and I love the star quilt!! I'd like to try something very scrappy, but none of my scraps go together!

quiltygal said...

Love the Kansas Troubles stars .... Table runner is so cute congratulations

Melody said...

Everything is beautiful, I adore that bunting

Stephany said...

Beautiful projects Leanne. I like the Fig tree fabrics. You have great designing ideas!

Steph

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your projects are all just so lovely Leanne..

Helen said...

Love your bunting, your projects are just beautiful :)

Susie said...

Both lovely projects and gorgeous fabrics too.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is lovely Leanne. Your projects in the magazine are gorgeous too.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Quilt looks great. Congratulation on another magazine publication.

a good yarn said...

I love, love love your star block quilt. Is that Kansas Troubles fabric? I don't know why you are so surprised at being published - your projects have magazine worthy for ages; especially your stitcheries!

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for bunting, Leanne - and yours is lovely. Well done on being published.

debbie said...

I am so excited for you getting published again! I love the colours in your quilt and I agree, the sashing really sets it all off perfectly too. xx debbie

Fiona said...

I have always had a particular love for scrap quilts and your stars look fantastic.....
love your new pattern .. that bunting is very sweet and pretty.
Hugz

rosa said...

preciosa la colcha de estrellas,me encanta,podrias decirme lo que miden las piezas de las estrellas?besos

Anthea said...

Too many pics? Never! It's a lovely design & the fabrics you chose are perfect for it, Leanne... congrats on another mag publishing your work!

The quilt is coming along so beautifully - did it diminish the stash of fabrics enough?!xx

Josie said...

Oh... that quilt is gorgeous Leanne. The colours are so warm and cosy looking... perfect for winter nights in. Congrats on yet another published pattern... it's beautiful.
Keep on having fun....xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice blocks........the stars are very effective........congrats on your pattern.......

Lib said...

Your new pattern looks great, what magazine? Love your star quilt too.

Ruth said...

I love the scrappy quilt and the black sashing is perfect. Congratulations on your published designs! They are lovely. I really like the bunting idea and think it would be cute on a window that has venetian blinds but no curtains.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...