Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sewing and magazines.

 Another busy week has come and gone, where do the days get to I wonder. I have some exciting news to share with you, I have a new design that has just been published in the latest issue of Patch work and stitching, Its due out in Newsagents next week.
 The theme for the issue was Winter, so I designed a candle mat. Just something a little different, it was so cute and fun to make. I am delighted how it turned out. Of course I had to do a little stitchery. My favourite part of quilting.

 The magazine did a beautiful job of photographing my project, they always do, I am quite pleased how my photos turned out to, What do you think?
 Last weekend a few of my friends and I got together to start Amy Butlers Weekend bag. I had the best day but the trouble is when you sew with friends we never seem to achieve alot. This is one side and the front pocket,  I used my favourite tilda fabrics and made my bag like a quilt,
 I even sewed a little label on the front to make it a little more unique. I can't wait to get back to this and get it finished. I may need some help, its quite tricky.
The first day of winter today and I have  picked the last of the roses that decided to flower, they will brighten my kitchen for a few days.


Hope you all had a great weekend and you  got a little sewing done.

16 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Congratulations, lots great.

Melanie said...

Well done the candle mat looks lovely. I'll have to keep my eye out for the magazine as it comes out later here. I do love roses, mine have just started flowering. Have a great week. x

Kim said...

Your candle mat is lovely and I look forward to seeing your bag finished.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congrats to you again love your candle mat

retdairyqueen said...

I saw your candle mat in the magazine and loved it
It is definitely on my to do list
Well done once again

Susan said...

How exciting to have your project published. Love the way you displayed your roses in three vases, very pretty.

Melody said...

gorgeous project. Well done

Kathy said...

Stitching and patchwork - the perfect Leanne mix!

Anthea said...

The candle mat is great colours for winter Leanne - congrats on another wonderful design!
How is your Solstice quilt blocks coming along? x

Helen Philipps said...

Love your sweet candle mat for winter, and the pretty embroidery on it too. Well done....it is always fun to see your very own project in a magazine!
Happy week!
Helen xox

Susan said...

Congratulations Leanne your project looks lovely. You must be so pleased X:)

Christine M said...

I saw your lovely candle mat project in the magazine. It is lovely, Leanne.

debbie said...

Congratulations on being published again:) That is very exciting! I have the issue here that shows the pincushions too. I love the colours in the candle mat. You can't go wrong with blue and white, for sure. xx debbie

a good yarn said...

Another terrific project! You do make such lovely things. My camellias are still flowering profusely as we still have warm days.

retdairyqueen said...

I have started my candle mat Photos soon
Another nice project in todays issue of P&S Well done

retdairyqueen said...

Drop by my Blog xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...