Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend sewing

 Happy Monday to you all. I hope you had a good weekend. It was freezing cold here in Tassie this morning, I was up at 5am to go to the gym and there was a frost all over my windscreen. Winter is very close. Time to bring some quilts out to snuggle under I think.
 On Saturday I decided to make a start on the Fat quarter shop Snapshots quilt.For those of you who aren't aware of this quilt its a free pattern on the Fat quarter shop blog. Each month you download a pattern for one block.
 I love this sewing machine, it was fiddly with lots of small pieces but fun to put together.
 These 3 blocks too most of Saturday morning to make. I love them all. Next block is a puppy in a basket, that will have to wait til next weekend now.

 I made this table topper just before Christmas and it has been sitting there patiently waiting for binding so Saturday afternoon I thought it was about time to get it sewn on. For those who know me well know that binding isn't my favourite part of the quilt making process. In fact I'd go close to saying I hate it, but it is very satisfying when you finish a project.
I used all Green, red, aqua and white  fabric from the Bonnie and Camille ranges, they all play so nicely together.
I do like it alot and I'm glad I got the binding on.

What part do you enjoy most when you are making a quilt? For me its the actual piecing.

Well I need to get my washing on the line before I head off to work, so have a great day and thankyou for stopping by.

9 comments:

sunny said...

My favorite part is piecing, but I love binding, too! Your table topper is beautiful. And I love your blocks for the QAL. I'll have fun watching your progress.

Lynda said...

I love cutting out. I have too many quilts cut out ready to sew up and then I finished cutting out two more over the weekend. Your red/white spot tea set looks so lovely on your new table topper.

Cath said...

-2C here in my little Tassie spot this morning. I haven't seen frost for many moons so I was running around outside in my PJs snapping away with the camera. Lots of gorgeousness in your post today.

the girlfriend gap said...

You got a lot done in your sewing time. Each block looks so cute. I actually don't mind the binding job. But I've come to the conclusion that my favorite part of quilting is buying fabric! Janita

Jeanette said...

Beautiful blocks. Love your topper. Hugs, xx

a good yarn said...

I love binding. It's my favourite part of the quilt process. Your Snapshot blocks are delightful - beautiful fabrics. We got your cold, wet weather today. Yay! I can wear my scarves now.

Christine B said...

Hi Leanne! Your blocks are really cute and I love your table topper... I bet you are glad to have it finished. My favourite part of any project is the hand stitching! Have a lovely week! :) x

Anita said...

Hi Leanne,
I love the blocks you've made and the colours are too cool baby!! lol Wow 5 am wake time to go to gym!!! I wake at 5.30am and that's enough for me. lol Does it take long to get to the gym for you?
Cheers, Anita.

Chookyblue...... said...

I hate sewing the binding on but I love stitching it down..........such a good feeling when it is done......

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...