Sunday, October 4, 2015

Feeling Special

 Its been an exciting week for me and my designs, I have had 2 very special designs published with Homespun Magazine. 
First up is my Tilda Quilt, 
 I loved making this quilt, it was fun to cut up my fabrics and make them into such a pretty design. Of course I added some stitchery, after all  that is my  "thing"
 The design is based on Spring, such soft lovely colours. I  love this quilt.

 As usual the photography is amazing.The  Homespun team to an incredible job.
 There is a little bit about me, I find this part really hard as I don't really like talking about myself, But I'm out there now so there is no turning back,
 I also had a wonderful surprise to find one of other favourite designs published in Homespun's 2016 diary.
 My project is on the pages on January, so now my friends you can call me Miss January. I am so excited and very honoured that they thought my project worthy enough to be in their diary.
 Each page of January has a picture of my Hexagon table runner that I designed for the magazine last year.
So now I must climb down from Cloud 9 and get back to some serious sewing and cooking today.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you find some sewing time.

20 comments:

sunny said...

And I can say I knew you 'back when'! Congrats on becoming so famous. Well deserved, my friend.

Susan said...

Congratulations Leanne! Well deserved!

Susie said...

Congratulations Leanne. Your work is so beautiful and deserves to be published.

Kylie said...

Congratulations Leanne - very exciting! Your designs are always so pretty xxx

a good yarn said...

You stay up on that Cloud as long as you want! Your beautiful designs are absolutely magazine worthy. The Tilda quilt with your signature stitchery is so beautiful. How cool to be published in the diary?! I loved that hexie table runner, perfect for January. I'm delighted to see you acknowledged for your work.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Congratulation very much. Your work is lovely, Your deserve it with all the work that you do. Well done.

Cath said...

oh wow, oh wow, oh wow....I bought that mag this week and immediately earmarked that project as a 'must make'! Didn't put two and two together to realise it was you....going to go back and read ALL about you now! Congrats! I will look out for the diary as well.

Susan said...

Wow Leanne congratulations and so very deserved. You stay on your cloud nine for as long as you like and enjoy it. xx:)

Gina said...

Congratulations Miss January

Christine B said...

Well deserved success Leanne! Your designs are lovely! Hugs Christine x

Oddbjørg said...

Congtatulations!

Annie said...

Well Done Leanne - so so so clever xoxo

retdairyqueen said...

Well done Miss January
Well deserved I must get myself a copy of Homespun and the diary

Susan said...

Did you ever think you'd be a calendar girl? Congratulations, it is very exciting to be recognised for your beautiful work.

the girlfriend gap said...

Very sweet! Yea for you !! I love the rick- rac on the dresden : ) Janita

Fiona said...

lovely projects Leanne... well done..
Hugz

Lynda said...

So very exciting - thrilled to bits for you.

Wendy said...

It's always lovely having a catch up on your posts. Your quilts are gorgeous as always, congratulations on being published again!! Wendy xx

Ruth said...

The quilt is lovely and very cuddly looking! You are definitely making a name for yourself!

Raewyn said...

Hi Lizzie, we have only just got our copy of the Homespun over here in NZ and I was as proud as punch to see your quilt!! Obviously I've missed some of your posts - congratulations, the quilt is gorgeous!!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...