Sunday, February 7, 2016

A fun day out

 I would like to introduce you to my newest design that was recently  published in Patchwork & Stitching magazine. This is my Fun Day Out baby quilt, the theme is zoo animals, I had so much fun making this quilt,
 Stitching all the different animals and watching each one bought to life was such a joy.


 Last week I received the nicest email from my friend Joy. She has made my Fun day out quilt and sent me a photo of her version. I love it. Joy is such a nice lady, her words are very encouraging and its so nice to know that someone enjoys stitching just as much as I do. Thankyou Joy, you really made my day. xxx

 I have also been busy stitching some Rosalie Quinlan easter bags, I enjoyed these alot, The stitching only took a couple of nights in front of the tele.
After working on big projects like stitchery quilts its fun to make something a bit easier and have a finish in just a few days.
At the moment I'm working on some cross stitch, its nice for a change but I had forgotten how slow going it can be. Its very relaxing sitting out the back with my feet up and stitching in my hand.


Enjoy the rest of your day, I hope you find some stitching time. xx

7 comments:

Christine B said...

What a pretty quilt design Leanne! Children will just love it! Love your Easter bags too! Hope you have had a lovely weekend! Christine x

LuAnn said...

I love those little animal stitcheries. Really cute. Unfortunately I can't find anyone over here that carries the magazines you show on your blog. They would make a cute baby quilt. Well done for being published.

Fiona said...

what a sweet little quilt... I always like ones with little animals and yours are gorgeous..
Hugz

the girlfriend gap said...

You are quite the artist..... creating all of those sweet little animals. Nice job. Janita

a good yarn said...

That's a fantastic design Leanne! Definitely magazine worthy. Your Easter bags are adorable. I don't know how you whip up these stitcheries so quickly - I take forever!

Stephany said...

The fun day out quilt is lovely. Also the easter bags. It's nice how you used the same colour to stitch as the fabric is.

Ruth said...

Run Day Out is just adorable!! I love the animal stitcheries! Also the Easter Bags! I just started a large embroidery project - but can't show it for a long time - if I ever get it finished. It's one of Crab Apple Hill designs for a hint.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...