Sunday, June 19, 2016

My new design

 Good Morning, Today I am very proud to share with you my newest design, this project is featured in this months Homespun magazine.
 Let me introduce you to "Boy Toys" A  sweet hexagon baby quilt with a few little stitcheries. This was such a fun design to make. I love doing stitcheries and hexagons, its an easy portable project you can throw in your bag and work on any time you have a few spare moments.
 I hope you like it.
 As a designer nothing makes me happier than seeing my designs on the pages of a magazine. Knowing many people will be looking at it and hopefully choosing fabrics from their stash to make their own version.
Something else I whipped up recently was this custom cushion for a man I work with, he wanted me to make a cushion for his daughter with her name on it, all the directions he gave me were bright colours, so this is what I came up with. I'm so happy how it turned out. I took it to work and gave it to my colleague and then the next day his very happy daughter came in to thank me. I do love making things for people to enjoy.

I'm spending the day with a few friends for a stitching session so I had better get organised, have a wonderful Sunday and thankyou for stopping by.

8 comments:

Susie said...

I saw this in homespun this morning. I absolutely love this design. It's just gorgeous.

Christine Barnsley said...

Beautiful projects Leanne! It must be very satisfying to see your work in print! I also love making things for others... your cushion is very pretty! Christine x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That's lovely must get Homespun ... Congrats 💖💖

Cynthia said...

Your baby boy quilt is beautiful Leanne! I love all the soft blues and the random stitchery is such a nice touch.
The pillow is gorgeous too, I bet Gabrielle loves it!!!

Susan said...

Love your new design, and how portable it would be.

Anthea said...

I saw the magazine in Spotlight , Leanne... & admired your new design. Well Done!
I hope you enjoyed your sewing day
x

the girlfriend gap said...

Hello girlfriend : ) Your hexagon quilt is sweet as can be. Wondering how little old me will entertain a celebrity next fall. ; ) Thinking of you on this All- American weekend. Happy 4th of JULY! Janita

Melanie said...

Hi Leanne
Loving your new design. Enjoy your sewing
Hugs Melanie xxx

Mini quilts

 Hi there, so sorry for my long absence. July flew by within a blink of an eye and then it was August. I have been busy doing lots of sewi...