Sunday, June 19, 2016

My new design

 Good Morning, Today I am very proud to share with you my newest design, this project is featured in this months Homespun magazine.
 Let me introduce you to "Boy Toys" A  sweet hexagon baby quilt with a few little stitcheries. This was such a fun design to make. I love doing stitcheries and hexagons, its an easy portable project you can throw in your bag and work on any time you have a few spare moments.
 I hope you like it.
 As a designer nothing makes me happier than seeing my designs on the pages of a magazine. Knowing many people will be looking at it and hopefully choosing fabrics from their stash to make their own version.
Something else I whipped up recently was this custom cushion for a man I work with, he wanted me to make a cushion for his daughter with her name on it, all the directions he gave me were bright colours, so this is what I came up with. I'm so happy how it turned out. I took it to work and gave it to my colleague and then the next day his very happy daughter came in to thank me. I do love making things for people to enjoy.

I'm spending the day with a few friends for a stitching session so I had better get organised, have a wonderful Sunday and thankyou for stopping by.

8 comments:

Susie said...

I saw this in homespun this morning. I absolutely love this design. It's just gorgeous.

Christine B said...

Beautiful projects Leanne! It must be very satisfying to see your work in print! I also love making things for others... your cushion is very pretty! Christine x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That's lovely must get Homespun ... Congrats 💖💖

dream quilt create said...

Your baby boy quilt is beautiful Leanne! I love all the soft blues and the random stitchery is such a nice touch.
The pillow is gorgeous too, I bet Gabrielle loves it!!!

Susan said...

Love your new design, and how portable it would be.

Anthea said...

I saw the magazine in Spotlight , Leanne... & admired your new design. Well Done!
I hope you enjoyed your sewing day
x

the girlfriend gap said...

Hello girlfriend : ) Your hexagon quilt is sweet as can be. Wondering how little old me will entertain a celebrity next fall. ; ) Thinking of you on this All- American weekend. Happy 4th of JULY! Janita

Melanie said...

Hi Leanne
Loving your new design. Enjoy your sewing
Hugs Melanie xxx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...