Sunday, September 18, 2016

New Projects

 Its always good to get to the end of the week and know you can have some much needed sewing time, I have been doing just that,  This is the beginning of a new design featuring fig tree's new range Chestnut Street, its so beautiful, Usually when I get new fabric it sits there for ages and I just admire it while I think of ways to use it but as soon as this arrived I knew what I wanted to make.
 I can't share too much as its for a magazine publication early next year. Of course I  had to add some pretty stitcheries as I do love  my garden and I love to sit of an evening and have some hand work I can work on.

 I have a rather medium sized tub full of all my fig tree fabrics, thats where all my scraps come from to make my pumpkin runner from my last post, while I was digging in the looking for  just the right fabric I found this sweet butter yellow print that was too nice to cut up so I made a little fabric basket, its sitting on  my  desk ready to fill with fabrics or other goodies.
During the week I started making this cute pear quilt, its a fig tree design and while I was playing in that tub of fig tree fabrics I decided this pattern was a good way to use up some of my favourite prints, next up is the leaves and stalks, I hope to share more of this with you next week,


I'm hosting a sewing day with my friends today so I really should turn off the computer and get ready, they will be here soon.

Thankyou for stopping by.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Your new project looks very interesting Leanne..... It sure is amazing what you can do with scraps that you love.

the girlfriend gap said...

As I love all things Fig Tree.... I'd say you have some YUM YUM on a Fig Tree happening at your house. Sweet little embroidery too. I have been dreaming of a pear quilt so I have a little pear envy going on here. `We had a friend's wedding today so no sewing for me today. It was a beautiful fall day . Days like today just makes me want to sew fall projects. and get the house all cozied up. I have been working on a little fall wall hanging that I have wanted to make forever. Looks like it is finally going to become the real deal this year!!! A little Happy birthday to me : ) Enjoy your day sewing. Janita

Anthea said...

Hi Leanne
Oh you are always making something so lovely & I'm sure your next magazine project will be no exception. Thank you for the stroll around your gardens; my plants are all still so new & recovering from a tough winter, but at least showing signs of life!
x

Christine B said...

Love the look of your new design Leanne! You are always so busy and achieve so much! Beautiful projects! I really must get back in the swing of my stitching... still trying to find a bit more time and energy! Christine x

Susie said...

so pretty. Love it all - the patterns and the fabric of course.

Summer said...

Very cute! Nice projects ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Lynda said...

What a great way to spend Sunday! The pears are looking great.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...