Sunday, October 2, 2016

My two loves

 Its been a funny couple of weeks, firstly I got sick with an infection. I was a bit naughty and didn't do anything about it, thinking it would just go away but of course it didn't and I ended up in hospital so now I have learnt to listen to my body. I'm on the mend now and getting back to normal. I have been having some much needed fun in my sewing room. I made these cute little pumpkin pin cushions, its a pattern by fig tree and believe me you can't just make one, they are so darn cute. I have made 4 already.
 For the first time I used walnut shells and added it to the bottom of the pumpkin before I filled it with stuffing, well what a difference it made. The shape holds perfectly and adds a bit of weight. I would highly recommend walnut shells.
 As well as enjoying my sewing I have been loving my garden. Spring is full of colour and all my bulbs  are in full bloom, look at  my tulips, they are so pretty.

 Almost as pretty as this fig tree pumpkin. Told you I was addicted to making these.
 The daisies are so happy and cheerful.
Yesterday while my boys watched the football I made this cute little pumpkin mini quilt, I have plans for this  sweet thing. I'll share more next time.


I hope you have had a lovely weekend, thanks so much for stopping by.  xx

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well Leanne! I hope you are on the mend and have plenty of family to look after you! Aren't tulips the best flower!?

Annette said...

Glad you are feeling better......our bodies do talk to us 😉
Fill the while pin cushion with walnut shells as they keep our pins & needles sharp!
Take care......Annette

Christine B said...

So glad you are feeling better Leanne! Love your cute little pumpkins and the pumpkin mini quilt is just delightful! Hope you have enjoyed a lovely weekend! Christine x

Susan said...

Hi Leanne I am so sorry to hear you have been poor and had a spell in hospital I wish you a speedy recovery. I love the projects you have been working on especially the cute little pumkin pincushion. Take care my friend. xx

the girlfriend gap said...

I love the little crochet touch added to the pumpkins. Makes them extra sweet. Was the how to do that included in the pattern? Glad you are feeling better. Sewing is good therapy : ) I can't tell you how giddy homemade things make me feel !!! How much do your boys love football? Going to an IOWA college football game might be an option when you come. Take care. Janita

sunny said...

Sorry you got sick! Take care of yourself, girlfriend.... Your little pumpkins are so adorabe. And your spring flowers are pretty. Most of our flowers are dead now, and our leaves should be turning pretty colors soon. I just love Spring and Fall!!

Maria said...

Good to hear that you're on the mend! Love your pincushion and those tulips are gorgeous!

a good yarn said...

Oh Leanne, like many mums family is first and we don't think to care for ourselves as well as we should. So glad that you are on the mend. Those pincushions are adorable! So is your pumpkin mini. I always love pictures of your beautiful blooming garden.

Raewyn said...

Sorry to hear you ended up in hospital but pleased you are on the mend. The pin cushions are gorgeous - I love using the walnut shell too. I love the tulips - they're a beautiful colour.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...