Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Sewing

 The weekends always seems to wizz by don't you agree, we wait all week for Friday night to come then next thing its Monday morning and time for a new week to begin. I always try to sew as much as time allows on the weekend, as you know I have been making little pumpkin pin cushions, this one I made for  a friend. They are alot of fun.
 I loved making the self covered buttons so much I thought I'd like to make some needle holders, Just need to find some round magnets.
 I got a lovely surprise on Friday, A little while ago I won a giveaway on Instagram, these beautiful tins by Lori Holt are now gracing my sewing room. They are so sweet.

Speaking of Lori Holt I have been making some projects of hers lately and this mini quilt is one of them,  It only took me an afternoon. Next one is an iron mini quilt with the words press. I hope to finish that today.

Enjoy your Sunday, hope you found some sewing time.

9 comments:

Christine B said...

Another beautiful pumpkin pincushion... such pretty colours! Congratulations on winning those cute little tins! I hope you have had lots of time for sewing this weekend! Christine x

Susan said...

Cute pumpkin pincushion Leanne! And what a great giveaway you won! I have been admiring those tins on IG!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely pumpkin and congrats on a great win.

sunny said...

What fun projects! Love the mini quilt, and adore the little pumpkins. Congrats on your great win!!

the girlfriend gap said...

Nothing like sweet treasures in your mail box! For all you do for others the blessing has been returned. Yea for you! Love your little pumpkin especially love the word fabric. You get more done than anyone I know. Well I guess I know a few other energizer bunnies who amaze me. Afraid you will leave me in the dust when you come ; ) but hope a little of you rubs off on me ! Wondering if perhaps we could come up with a little charm pack pattern we could work on together while you are here.
Have a great week. Janita

Kate said...

Your pumpkin pincushions are adorable!!

LuAnn said...

The pincushions are cute! Glad you are feeling better and back to sewing.

dream quilt create said...

Your pumpkins are so cute! I love the Lori Holt mini too. I have the pattern and have wanted to make it for years! It seems as though there's never enough time! What a great thing to have won the Lori tins!!! You must have been so excited :)
I love reading your blog.

Janice Holton said...

Hi Leanne! That pumpkin pincushion is the cutest! Love that green text fabric. Those Lori Holt mini's are going to be great. Will you be hanging them in your own sewing space?

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...