Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Biscuits and blossoms

Our weather has been beautiful the last few days, last night was the first time we didn't light the fire for months. We are looking foreward to some warmer days after such a cold winter.
Last night Nicky and I made biscuits, they were so easy that I thought I would share the recipe with you. Do you see the rolling pin in the back ground? My friend Kim from the UK sent it to me for my birthday, its so cute and has some kitchen rules on it that definately apply in my house. Cherry biscuits recipe is as follows...
125g of butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 level teaspoon of baking powder
few drops of vanilla essence
60g of glace cherries, chopped

Preheat oven to 180 degrees, melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan. Sift the flour and baking powder.
Pour the melted mixture while hot into the dry ingredients and mix quickly. Add vanilla and cherry pieces and form into small balls.
Place on baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack,

Enjoy.

I had to show you a picture of our crab apple tree in blossom, its the highlight of our back garden right now, the scent is beautiful and the flowers are so pretty, I wish it stayed like this all year round.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Lets hope the nice weather continues ... it's been beautiful down here too. Those biscuits look yummy ... bet they smelt good too.

Unknown said...

Those blossoms look so beautiful !

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...