Sunday, June 17, 2012

Meet my new girl friends

 I have had a wonderful weekend, my husband went on a fishing trip so my  boys and I had some fun of our own, we watched some movies and ate popcorn. Then while they were happily doing their own thing I sewed and make these babies.
 This gorgeous tilda angel is a sample for work, she came from a kit and it was fun to use some darker fabric for her body than what I have used before.
 I had to make her a friend so I made this one for me,  I'm still having problems with creases in their necks, this is driving me mad, I stuffed them so tight til you could get no more wadding in their bodies, I snipped the curves when I sewed the shape of their heads and neck but still I get creases. Do you think it  may be the wadding? I use a polyester wadding and its a bit springy, but I don't know if that makes any difference. The arms and legs are perfectly stuffed with not a crease to be seen.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
The weather here has been rainy and cold all weekend, husband came home today with no fish, he said he couldn't even catch a cold but he had a good time with his mates.
Perfect sewing weather for me though, I hope you found some sewing time.

15 comments:

Grit said...

Die sind ganz toll geworden.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Kathy said...

Your Tilda dolls are wonderful, Leanne :) I had the neck wrinkle problem with my Friendship dolls ( and a few of my own as well!). I was wondering if ironing on some Pellon or similar across the inside of the shoulders, neck and face would help? It would stabilize the fabric and create a uniform softness to that exposed area of skin. Must come in for a visit soon :)

Cathy said...

I was going to be very jealous...new sewing friends....but then i read your post...love the dollies!! xx

Anonymous said...

Leanne they are so cute well done,yes i would try what Kathy suggested,good luck.xx

Anthea said...

Leanne your new friends are gorgeous! Well done & what a lovely time you've had in great company. I wonder if the neck crease issue is simply that the neck is narrow (as it should be) but because of exactly that, it cannot support the weight & mobility of the head... if that makes sense. I'm no doll-maker, but it seems to me that the pellon could be worth experimenting with. ♥

Deborah said...

Your Tilda dolls are precious!! I don't have a clue about the neck situation......they look just perfect to me!!

Stephany said...

Oh my god, these Tilda-beauties are so nice. You did a very good job Leanne. About the neck, maybe it's because of the polyester stuffing, I also had it with my Tilda Bug-dolls. Maybe you should fill the neck with some cotton yarn or stuffing for teddy-bears, I remember that was totally different.

Stephany

linny said...

Leanne your Tilda dolls are lovely. I've been making cloth dolls for many years now & often find if the neck is a bit 'creasy' you can dampen it with water & often times when it dries the wrinkles have disappeared. Sometimes you need to dampen it then stuff.
Hope this helps.
lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

Fiona said...

They are adorable Leanne.x

Roseanne said...

Your Tilda dolls are lovely now you finely have some girls in your house.

Darlene said...

They are adorable! Very cute.

Quilt Kitty said...

Leanne you have lovely new girlfriends, & their clothes are just so pretty. Lucky work, is Lillian stocking the Tilda books, fabrics & notions? Tracee xx

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

I love your new girlfriends!! They're soo cute! :) Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Holly

WATTLE GIRL said...

patchworkangel is the store who has Tilda fabric, books scrapbooking and all sorts of uemmy stuff. Nothing like what I saw today lol. jenikift@hotmail.com

Wendy said...

Your Tilda dolls are beautiful, I think you have made a wonderful job of them. I love the contrast of the different coloured skin and clothing, Wendy xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...