Sunday, June 24, 2012

Progress in all forms

 My sewing room is coming along quickly. The builder has been here most days when the weather is fine.
 I came home from work early in the week and the frame was up. I was really excited to see the room coming together. This space is for my BIG window,
 Later in the week I came home and the roof was up. Now I'm really excited. I can see how its kind of going to look.
 This area with the cross wood is going  to be a sliding glass door, I can look right out at the garden. When the room is done my husband is going to add on a verandah so on the hot days I can sit outside and stitch. That's if I can tear myself away from the room itself.

 I'm still doing my sewing at the kitchen table but as each day passes its one step closer to never having to set up and pack away at the end of a sewing session. I have finished my 9 blocks of my Kansas Troubles blocks, these were made from my KT stash. When I first starting quilting 6 years ago the first range of fabric I ever bought was kansas Troubles. Even now I  still love them all and I  Have quite a collection.. Can you remember which fabrics you loved the most when you first starting quilting?
 I have also been busy making a new quilt for work. Its a Nat Bird design called LOVE.
 There are  9 little stitcheries and all of them are beautiful.
 I'm actually sewing on the binding tonight so I'll share a finished pic in my next post. This will be available as a block of the month from Esme's patchwork if you are interested.  You won't be disappointed, its so pretty.
 I have also been doing a bit of christmas sewing. I love this quilt. Its a Thimble blossoms pattern called Vintage Holiday. the blocks are quick to put together. Soon I'll have this finished to.

So there you go, lots of progress at my house in all sorts of ways. I hope I'm not boring you with posts about my sewing room. I can't wait to get in there but I'm also enjoying watching each step as its built.

Have a wonderful week.

14 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Leanne, great progress on the sewing room...I love the KT blocks and you have been very busy stitching...Hope this finds you all well..Leanne xo

Lib said...

How exciting, your room is almost there! and we aren't bored at all, look forward to seeing progress. Your quilt looks great, the fabric is stunning.

Ruth said...

Your room will be so wonderful you will think you died and went to heaven!! Another blogger friend of mine has a similar room that she added onto her house and I have gone there to quilt and it is such a pleasure. The large windows will make it so nice and light. You definitely need a room with all the sewing you do. I don't remember what fabric was my favorite when I first started, but it wasn't CW reproductions at first. The gradually grew on me though!

Anonymous said...

Wow Leanne you wont know yourself with your new sewing room,lovely blocks,you have been very busy.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

you will love having your own sewing space........it is wonderful.......

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Oh wow look at your sewing space. I would be out there every moment with some chalk drawing where everything would go! Lovely progress on your quilts and blocks. I am also a little partial to the KT fabrics. My Farmer's Wife Quilt is being made of some (hmm.. must get back to that one day) :o) hugs

Bizzy Martine said...

Hi Leanne, what a progress on the sewing room!!!! I love the Natalie Bird quilt!!!!
Love Martine

Grit said...

Das wird ein tolles Nähzimmer.
Der Quillt ist wunderschön.
Liebe Grüße Grit

a good yarn said...

Your sewing room is going to fabulous! All that natural light and space. Your sewing projects are wonderful. I still haven't used my KT fabrics. I bought them to make a simple disapperaing nine patch I think. ann :-)

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh wow you have walls and a roof, sorta. It must be so much fun to get to watch your room grow. I love your Christmas sewing and that quilt pattern of Natalie's looks tempting :)

Deborah said...

You have been very busy making such beautiful things!! And look at your sewing room!! Wow!!

Cheryll said...

Ohhh so sew exciting for you! :)

Marina said...

Your room is coming along beautifully! As are all those quilting projects :)

Wendy said...

So much wonderful progress happening at your home, all your projects are beautiful, lovely!! xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...