Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday sewing

 A little while ago my new blogger friend Deborah and I decided to do a one on one swap with each other. These are the gifts I made her. I loved making the mini quilt, I think I'll be making more of those. The mug rugs turned out so nice. I was really pleased with them.
 I also sent a few other goodies like some fabric and an Australian tea towel. Deb told me she collects tea towels so I was happy I included that.
 I enjoyed making these swap gifts to, this was for the colour swap and I made for Anita who wanted pinks. I found quite a few in my reproduction stash. I also made a pin cushion in the same fabrics as the mini quilt.
 I included some shabby chic fabrics and some ribbons in different pinks and I even found some pink envelopes. I'm glad you liked them all Anita.
 I have been busy stitching Fernhill  by Lynette Anderson, its a nice project to do.
 Its a mystery quilt so we don't know what each month will look like until it arrives. Kind of fun really.
 I would like to thank my wonderful neighbour Amanda for making me this beautiful crochet brooch. It came as a kit on the latest Mollie Makes magazine and as I can't crochet I asked Amanda to do it for me. Her work is beautiful.
Now its time to get off this computer and get some sewing done. I hope you find some sewing time today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leanne lots of lovely goodies in those swap items,well done on 2 great parcels,lovely blocks you have been working on,and such a cute brooch.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Lovely swap items. You are making me want to get my Fernhill out and start it! I wanted to wait until I had a few other things finished but you are tipping me over the line! lol

Wendy said...

Lots of lovely swap gifts Leanne and I love your Fernhill stitching, gorgeous pattern.

Lynda said...

I love seeing what you're up to each Sunday. The mini quilts are so lovely. Amanda's crocheting is beautiful. Perhaps she could teach you ...

Simone Harding said...

Leanne you are such a generous lady. Love your mini quilt and mug rugs.

Anonymous said...

Great swap parcels Leanne love the mini quilts :)

Anthea said...

Your swap items are just gorgeous, Anita is a lucky lady. The pinks are so girly... x

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...