Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday sewing

 A little while ago my new blogger friend Deborah and I decided to do a one on one swap with each other. These are the gifts I made her. I loved making the mini quilt, I think I'll be making more of those. The mug rugs turned out so nice. I was really pleased with them.
 I also sent a few other goodies like some fabric and an Australian tea towel. Deb told me she collects tea towels so I was happy I included that.
 I enjoyed making these swap gifts to, this was for the colour swap and I made for Anita who wanted pinks. I found quite a few in my reproduction stash. I also made a pin cushion in the same fabrics as the mini quilt.
 I included some shabby chic fabrics and some ribbons in different pinks and I even found some pink envelopes. I'm glad you liked them all Anita.
 I have been busy stitching Fernhill  by Lynette Anderson, its a nice project to do.
 Its a mystery quilt so we don't know what each month will look like until it arrives. Kind of fun really.
 I would like to thank my wonderful neighbour Amanda for making me this beautiful crochet brooch. It came as a kit on the latest Mollie Makes magazine and as I can't crochet I asked Amanda to do it for me. Her work is beautiful.
Now its time to get off this computer and get some sewing done. I hope you find some sewing time today.

7 comments:

shez said...

Leanne lots of lovely goodies in those swap items,well done on 2 great parcels,lovely blocks you have been working on,and such a cute brooch.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Lovely swap items. You are making me want to get my Fernhill out and start it! I wanted to wait until I had a few other things finished but you are tipping me over the line! lol

Charlie and Wendy said...

Lots of lovely swap gifts Leanne and I love your Fernhill stitching, gorgeous pattern.

Lynda said...

I love seeing what you're up to each Sunday. The mini quilts are so lovely. Amanda's crocheting is beautiful. Perhaps she could teach you ...

Simone said...

Leanne you are such a generous lady. Love your mini quilt and mug rugs.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Great swap parcels Leanne love the mini quilts :)

Anthea said...

Your swap items are just gorgeous, Anita is a lucky lady. The pinks are so girly... x

Saturday Sewing Session

 Hi there, do you ever have those weeks where you feel as though you haven't accomplished much? I have had one of those weeks and I do...