Saturday, January 19, 2013

Halfway

 Last Tuesday afternoon  I decided I wanted join in on the scrappy trip around the world   so I went through my cupboard to choose fabrics and as I don't have that many scraps I opened 3 jelly rolls that have been in the cupboard for ages, this saved alot of cutting to. I'm so pleased with how its looking so far, the blocks were tricky to start with but once I did 2 I got the hang of it.
 I think I'll make 36 blocks in total, that  means I'm halfway already and its only Saturday. I have made 18 blocks this week and if I work really hard I hope to get a few more done today.
 I  like how its looking so far.  Colour placement is the key to a good block.
I also finished the middle row for Sweetheart houses quilt for work, I'm on block 7 now and its looking good.

Ok back to my sewing, have a great day and I hope you find some sewing time today to.

15 comments:

Christine said...

Looking great Leanne. I've started one too .. couldn't resist! Sewn 18 tubes so far.

Bev said...

Looks like we are all falling for that Scrappy Trip block! I did one last night and am a big fat liar because I was NOT going to start another quilt. Yours is beautiful! I love your colors! I don't have even one roll of strips! I love the other quilt too. It is amazing. I just love the colors you choose. You have a real talent!

Cheery wave from the big, fat liar!

Bev

Fiona said...

yours is looking fantastic and you are going so well with it... love the fabrics in your new quilt...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

some lovely sewing there Leanne,well done.xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

It is looking great. Can't to see it finished.I would love to do one down the track.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

The scrappytripalong is so much fun. I am loving yours. mine is waiting for the perfect backing then in line to be quilted :O)hugs

De said...

Very pretty!

Simone Harding said...

Loving your scrappy trip. Your work quilt is also gorgeous too.

Noela said...

Both quilts are looking great. Have a great weekend. Hugs.....

Leanne said...

I love the scrappy quilt. I think I will have to do one. They are everywhere and I love every single one. I like the idea of using up some jelly rolls. That would save heaps of time...
Happy Quilting L xo

a good yarn said...

Your Scrappy Trip is gorgeous! I really like the overall softer colour. It has been quite a craze! Sweetheart Houses looks quite involved but very pretty. Love your work!

Nicky said...

It looks amazing Leanne, the whole Scrappy Trip thing has gone viral hasn't it. I imagine you're probably finished all your blocks by now!!
Your Sweetheart house blocks are looking great... nearly there...

Cheryll said...

Great effort...its lookin G-O-O-D. :)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous you little stitching machine you!! Tell me the secret to the colour placement! Please!!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing everyone's scrappy blocks. Can't wait to see it all finished :)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...