Sunday, November 23, 2014

Its all about RED

 I love this time of year, each day gets just that little bit warmer and Christmas is just around the corner. My boys are winding down for the end of another school year, the eldest has finished already so he is hoping to pick up a few extra shifts at his part time job to fill in the holidays.
I have been doing quite a bit of sewing, most of it for christmas gifts and swaps so I can't share much  just yet. I have finished 2 beautiful ornaments that are designed by marg Lowe, the buttons are beautiful and really make the design,
 This one is my favourite.
 I have a new candle holder that I got from Coles Supermarket, it looks pretty at night when its all lit up.
 I have my red Greengate dishes on display for the festive season.
 And I finally finished my Nat Bird Tis the season quilt. Its hanging up in the lounge.

 I love this little quilt,
 Will you forgive me if I share just a few more garden pics. I hope youre not bored with them yet.


 My sweet peas look so pretty, so many colours and the smell is divine.
My new garden area is doing so well, all the seeds are growing well and the area is filling up nicely, I can't wait for the big display of Zinnias, gladioli and cosmos. Its going to look amazing.


Have a wonderful week, hope you find some sewing time. Are you thinking about Christmas yet?

13 comments:

Susan said...

I never get sick of seeing photos of your garden Leanne! The sweet peas are my favourite! And no, don't say the "C" word around here yet- it's still November isn't it? ;-))

Christine M said...

Your ornaments are gorgeous, Leanne. Your garden is looking gorgeous too.

sunny said...

Everything is so beautiful! It seems so strange to think of Christmas in the summer.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your post xx

Kim said...

Beautiful. I have that pattern with the large Santa button in my to do pile.

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! All your Christmas sewing and ornaments are fabulous! I love sweetpeas... they are my favourite flowers!! Here it is just cold wet and miserable so not too much flowering in the garden!! Have a lovely weekend :) x

Anthea said...

Gorgeous ornaments Leanne - I really should check out Marg's patterns, they might help me use my buttons that I have stashed away!

Totally love love love your TTS... beautifully sewn of course... yes I'm starting to think about Christmas but mainly the logistics of how to be in 3 places at once!!
x

Baa. xxx said...

Love your little quilt and the sweet peas are beautiful!

Jeanette said...

Love the cute ornies. Your wallhanging is beautiful. I love seeing your garden. Mine is just about non existent due to lack of rain & the heat lately so seeing yours cheers me up. Hugs,xx

retdairyqueen said...

Love red
Ornaments are so cute and love your garden photos
Your new quilt is divine

Susan said...

Hi Leanne Sweet Peas are one of my favourite flowers. I to like Marg Lowe designs and your Christmas ornaments are great. X:)

Ruth said...

The ornaments are adorable and I love the red dishes too. Isn't it strange that when we're getting cold, you are getting warmer? Your flowers are lovely and here it is rainy and cloudy today. The world is so interesting and I love how the internet makes it more available to see.

Lynda said...

I love the photos of your flowers - they are beautiful. I am so excited when a flower blooms at my place - not a usual occurrence - so I was over the moon yesterday when I found two purple irises.

Love getting ready for Christmas. Your new ornaments and decorations are lovely.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...