Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday sewing

 Another week has come and gone. Christmas will be here before we know it so I thought I should make some new Christmas pretties to decorate my house for the festive season. Yesterday my lovely friend Katharine and I headed off to George Town to visit Patchworks plus, its a beautiful quilt shop owned by my friend Sarah. I'm sure you have heard of it. I shop there alot.  We went there for a sewing day. I bought this beautiful kit by Anni Downs.
 Its a lovely wall hanging size and uses Anni's christmas fabrics, I was up early this morning getting the applique ready so tonight when I sit in front of the tv to watch the new series of Doc Martin  ( I love that show ) I can do my stitching,
 Of course that kit wasn't all I bought, I have a brand new fat quarter bundle and layer cake of Feed Company by Sweetwater. I love the colours in this range. Not sure what to make but I'll think of something. I love the text prints.
 A little while ago I became friends with a lovely lady from the blog Why I like to Garden. Her name is Bobbie Lynnand she makes the most beautuful cards. We did a little swap with each other and these are a few of the things Bobbie Lynn sent to me. Do you like my new cup. It even comes with a matching box. I LOVE it alot.
 Such a pretty assortment of hand made cards, they are all so lovely.
 This bird cage one is my favourite, I have it on display in my sewing room.
Thanks so much Bobbie Lynn,
 My garden is still looking lovely with all my roses in flower, this one is just stunning. The colours are so soft and the shape is just like a delicate tea cup. Not much of scent but I don't care as the rose is prefect just the way it is.
So thats my weekend news, I hope you are having a lovely Sunday and you are getting some sewing time. Have a great day and thanks for visiting my little blog.

9 comments:

Susie said...

Ooohhow lucky to shop there. I too buy from Sarah, a lot, probably too much! Lol I am loving that kit but trying to refrain. Could I get that done before Christmas and everything else I have planned? Beautiful cup and box too. You are very fortunate. I adore anything sweet water. Would like to see the collection up close

Susan said...

Hi Leanne I love the kit by Anni downs really cute. Theres nothing like a good girlie day is there especialy whenit involves visiting a quilt shop. X:)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have been so tempted to buy the kit as well it is lovely..,,beautiful cards

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! What a lovely kit to make in time for Christmas.... I love Anni Downs' designs. I love those roses too and what a lucky girl to receive such a sweet gift from your blog friend! Beautiful cards!! :) x

sunny said...

Your roses are gorgeous! As are the cards you received in your swap. I agree that the birdcage is my favorite. Can't wait to see what you make with that luscious fabric. But finish the Anni Downs kit first. Christmas really is almost upon us.

Fiona said...

lovely new anni's pattern.... and those fabrics are gorgeous too... I also enjoy Doc Martin .... handmade cards are just so lovely ...
Hugz

Lynda said...

So much lovely stuff happening at your place (as always). I'll be visiting Anni's shop next Saturday - can't wait!

Anthea said...

The kit is very cute Leanne... I nearly sent myself broke shopping (online) at Sarah's!!
They are indeed stunning cards from your swap, what a talent she has!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Looks like a fun quilt your are sewing. The colors are so pretty . I'm in love with the aqua blues and reds combinations, that I have seen in a few of the Christmas fabrics. Always fun to shop with friends that enjoy the same hobby. I'm so glad that you liked your parcel. Have a lovely rest of your week. The beautiful roses reminds me of a new rose that I just ordered. Like I need another rose. : )
Blessings!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...