Monday, October 4, 2010

Prairie womens sewing circle

A little while ago I joined the Prairie womens sewing circle with the Fat Quarter shop. Each month for 6 months I will receive a quilt kit to make. This is the first one called Leap of faith. It was fun to make and the reproduction fabrics are beautiful. With the patterns were some short stories about what life was like for these prairie women, How hard working the farm was for them and where they got their fabrics from. Most quilts were made from old clothing and made purely for necessity. We are so lucky today to have such a variety of fabrics and we make quilts because we love to do it. Thats what I tell my husband anyway.
I hope you found some sewing time. Yesterday I basted my basket quilt, I'll show you that tomorrow, right now I must get to work. Have a good day.

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

Very nice the blue look great!! I have got so many project going on at the moment and i have not finished any of them.

Ruth said...

I love it! That's my favorite star and the blue is gorgeous. That would be a fun club to belong to!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...