Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Look what I made

My family and I have just come back from a week at the beach, we had a great time. We went with 4 other families so there was lots of fun. I did take some stitching with me but I'll share that another time, I want to show off my new quilt I made. I got this kit for Christmas. Its the new French General fabrics called Maison DeGarence. I think I spelt that correctly. It was so easy to put together, It uses a jelly roll and then the centre panels. I actually sewed the strips together last week then today I started cutting and putting it together and it was done in an afternoon. I'm so happy with it.



I love this fabric so much that I have started making hexagons for a new project. These are fun to do. I hope you found some sewing time today.


To all my fellow Aussie bloggers...... Happy Australia Day.


7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Aussie day to you as well...love your quilt that is totally awesome...gorgeous hexies..

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your new quilt, the fabrics are gorgeous!
Lisa

Marina said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love those Fabrics & your Design...Great Job.
cheers

Susan said...

hi Leanne your quilt is lovely and I adore the fabric. I to have been making hexagons but from my scrap basket. These are for my micro teach next week.
hugs Susan

Christine said...

Beautiful. Love the French General fabrics.

LuAnn said...

Love those hexagons. That's a great fabric line. Love your quilt, too.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...