Saturday, August 11, 2012

What you have all been waiting for.

 Well my sewing room is finally finished and I can finally move in. I am very excited and I can't wait to move my fabrics and things from the laundry. They have lived in there for 6 years and believe me it was getting crowded in there. Probably because I keep buying fabrics and making quilts.
 I  moved the girls in and they were thrilled with their new room, they got a bit bored sitting in the hall way, now they watch me sew and give me some advice when I need help choosing just the right fabrics.
 The floor went in last Monday and it looks beautiful. It really finishes off the room. Then on Tuesday the builder came back and put the frames around the door and window and the skirting board.
 My husband surprised me with a TV mounted onto a moveable bracket, it has a built in DVD player. I came home from work and there it was. Thankyou Paul. You're a sweetie.
 I have 5 down lights and they really light up the room well. I'm glad I thought of those.
 Paul has been putting my storage cupboards together. I didn't hear too many swear words so I think they went together quite easy.  Whew.
 Here they are ready to be filled with fabrics and lots of other goodies I have collected over the years.
 I have a little office corner which I love. The shelves will be filled with all my favourite things. I can sit at the desk and read, use my computer and whatever I like really. I plan to paint the desk white, Paul has already sanded it back for me.
It was this gastly bright purple colour when we bought it. For $25 I thought it was a bargain.


So over the next few days I will be moving things in, we got a beautiful oak table today that is over 100 years old, Its going to be my sewing and cutting table and will go in the middle of the room. I'll share more pictures as the room gets full.
I just can't wait to sit in there surrounded by all my things and my stash and just sew. Sigh...

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you find some sewing time.

25 comments:

Leanne said...

OOoohhhh!!! How exciting!!! Can't wait to see more... L xo

Ruth said...

I'm so happy for you! It will make such a difference to you and I know you will love it. Have fun getting all set up and I know we will all want to see more pictures.

Jo in TAS said...

Yippeee! It's going to be gorgeous with all your pretty things in there!

Jo in TAS said...

Yippeee! It's going to be gorgeous with all your pretty things in there!

Jo in TAS said...

Oops must have hit it twice

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, how fabulous. Boy, your hubby is definitely a keeper - imagine coming home to that tv!!!!!

De said...

How very exciting.......now its the fun part - decorating.....enjoy!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Oh it looks amazing...and I bet you are going to be up bright and early in the morning decorating and sorting all your pretty things!!!
Lisa

Deborah said...

You room is beautiful!!! This is so exciting! Keep the pictures coming!!

Anonymous said...

oh Leanne its beautiful,it will be so much fun sewing now.xx

Quilt Kitty said...

Congratulations Leanne! I can see it is going to be a gorgeous creative space. The TV was a great idea by Paul. I love your little desk too especially NOT purple. It will be fabulous in white. Can't wait to see more! Tracee xx

Cathy said...

Its looking wonderful!! Not long now!! Glad you found a table...

Chookyblue...... said...

oh just wait for the wonderful feeling you will have when everything is in there and your sitting there sewing.........

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

You must be so excited. looks great. Can't wait to see more

Vicki said...

Just fabulous, Leanne!

Sarah said...

Doesnt it look so different with the floor in! Just wonderful! Cant wait to see more xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Yay so exciting. I am looking forward to seeing it all come together now and become your space. hugs

Cath said...

Oh Wow Leanne, I am so excited for you. Nothing better than having your own space filled with all your favourite things. Don't forget to show us when you have it all set up!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

barb's creations said...

Wooo Hooo doing the happy dance for you Leanne,the room looks huge but I'm sure with a little time it will start to fill up.Don't forget more pic's when you've added more to your new sewing space :) Barb.

Bizzy Martine said...

Wow Leanne, it's looking great!!!!
Lucky girl!!!!

Darlene said...

Oh, Leanne, it's beautiful. I'm so thrilled for you. I see many, many more quilts in your future.

Susan said...

Hi Leanne Wow your sewing room looks fab. I got your lovely letter a few days ago will write back soon in the meantime enjoy your sewing room and I look forward to seeing all the beautiful works of art you will make.

Anthea said...

YAY! it's all coming together beautifully! I'm so pleased for you, and great that you some company already, the girls look very pleased to be surveying their new domain...

Kathy said...

How wonderful it looks Leanne! There'll be no stopping you now...don't forget to come out now and again to eat and see the family, lol :)

LuAnn said...

It is just gorgeous! You are going to be so organized that you will be able to produce twice the quilts you did before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...